CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I didn't know where to post it since it actually works with all classic westwood games (td, ra, ts, ra2, dune 2000). 

DDrawCompat is a DirectDraw proxy dll just like cnc-ddraw, ts-ddraw, ddwrapper. It improved the performance dramatically for everyone who tested it yet (went over 14000 FPS in ra1 for me!!). It also solves the alt+tab bugs on windows 8/10 (and the menu bugs too). 

It should work fine on Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10. (We had no one to try Vista yet) 

Even if you don't have any issues with the games, it's still worth a try. It prevents slow downs in big battles online or even in skirmish with AI. 

Give it a try: 
https://github.com/narzoul/DDrawCompat/releases

Note: use the latest experimental release 

• Like 1

How would I go about using this? I moved the .dll into my game directory. I checked in tsconfig but I don't see it as a render method, wondering how I would select it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tønnao
      Hi folks!
      I was wondering whether or not it's possible to AI upscale the cutscenes in Tiberian Sun and put them into the game?
      I am absolutely sure that the cutscene files "MOVIES01.MIX" and "MOVIES02.MIX" contains additional data in order for the cutscenes to load correctly and at the right moments, but does anyone of you know how to perhaps modify the files and extract stricly the cutscenes, in order to upscale them and put them back.
      Of course it wouldn't be anywhere near as great as a proper remaster, but more so just to give the cutscenes a facelift.
    • By Concolor1
      Hi, Ive a problem, Im looking at some old stuff. So I have FA2YR1.2 and I have the TX2. The TX 2 gives me the files marble.mix FAdata and FALanguague. Ive placed these into my Final AlertYR folder, overwriting the originals, (Don't worry I saved them first). However its still not reading, and the picture below is what im getting, what am I missing?
      Now if I place the lunarmd from the TX into the RA2 folder, it then reads the new Terrain, however although the dropdown list is there, the Terrain is still absent. Is this because the map was written with the TX 1, and the updated version has moved the list order?

• By CykaRushB
      This issue appeared shortly after a windows 10 update. The current settings were working fine beforehand.

When I start a match, the game shows up in the top left of my screen and covers only about 1/4 of the screen. I can still see the desktop in the background.
      Please see this video that shows the problem: 

• By ajchvy
      Having an issue installing the RA2 CnCnet file. Keeps giving me this issue. If I hit ignore, it will install, but then game crashes when I try to start a match.