***Couldn't Look Up Your Hostname error when trying to connect to servers

Ron

Question

Hi,

All of a sudden last week, i'm getting the following error message preventing me from connecting to ANY of the servers:

***Looking up your hostname

***Checking Ident

***No ident response

***Couldn't look up your hostname

*ERROR. Closing Link 

I've got no idea what the problem is.

Is my country blocked from all servers? Is my ISP blocked? Is it a problem with my IP Address? Something else?

I haven't been able to find a clear answer.

Any help is appreciated. 

8 answers to this question

13 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

You forgot to post the most important part, what ever is written behind "*ERROR. Closing Link " tells you the reason why you can't connect.

The first server should connect fine, all other servers afterwards will show a "(Bad Username)" error, you can ignore that one

The only information i'm getting in terms of an error message is whats posted in yellow above in my OP. There is no other information being displayed.

I can't connect to any server, that's the problem. I'm getting the exact same error notice (highlighted above in yellow) for every single server it tries to connect to.

1 hour ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

That's weird, never heard about such a problem before so I don't know what it could be. It should look like this:

dNjzeaH.png

The only thing you can try is checking if there might be a ban (G-Line) for your ip-range on gamesurge:

https://gamesurge.net/utils/gline/

Thank you ! This is the problem. I hadnt noticed but (G-lined)was in brackets just after the Gamesurge.net notice but i didnt realise that this was an error notice. Who bans IP range and why?

1 G-line found for your host.

• Expires: 11/22/2017 01:45:46 AM EST
  • Reason: AUTO Your IP address has been listed at DroneBL. Please use xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  to get the listing removed.

On 11/22/2017 at 5:40 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

This was an automatic ban, GameSurge is using the lists from DroneBL. Somehow your ip ended up in their list, you'll have to read on the DroneBL website about it.

Ban expires today, so I guess you can just wait a few hours and you don't need to get in contact with GameSurge/DroneBL

Well, everything was ok for about a week, then - same problem. It's for the exact same mysterious 'incident' on the 24th July 2017 too that i was banned for the first time.

I sent Drone BL 2 very polite requests via email to remove (or at least discuss it with me) but i've been completely ignored.

Now the 'incident' listing finally expired yesterday, BUT it's still blocking me from joining any of the servers on CNC Net.

I'm not using an open proxy and i'm using a very reputable ISP.

To be frank, Drone BL are acting like assholes. 

I've now sent Gamesurge a request. If they can't help me, i really don't know what else to do.

Edited by Ron

Guest From ISTANBUL

I've been taking this error message since tonight.

I don't understant the reason. This is very nonsense. I did nothing wrong.

Who can ban and with Which right?

Guest emergency

I've been taking this error message since tonight.

I don't understant the reason. This is very nonsense. I did nothing wrong.

Who can ban and with Which right?