Ships moving and shooting in Red Alert

Dragon-Commando

Is there a way to make reinforcement ships attack and move at the same time, while taking fire? I want to do something like the first GDI mission of C&C 1.

I've got the reinforcements set up as a house allied to the player, and triggering/spawning correctly, but they never make it to the waypoint because the moment they take fire they sail right up next to the thing attacking them and sit there. I can't see an option anywhere in RAED to tell them to move and shoot at the same time.

I'm definitely a newbie at this, only started using the editor yesterday. But I've done mapping and modding for many other games, so even if I have to manually edit the map ini file I can do that.

if the editor works like the ones for C&C 1 there will be some options in the teamtypes section which should help force the units to stay on their patrol route regardless of being shot. I can't remember what it was in C&C 1, something like "Force Move" which you had to tick. Was useful there for, for example, making sure a reinforced APC didn't stop and attack the first thing that shoots it, but goes to its destination and unloads.

In RAED the option is labeled "Charge towards target ignoring distractions". I didn't even think to try it until your reply, so thanks a bunch!

I would have thought that option made it so they didn't even shoot, but it seems they do. I was thinking it would have been a specific move order itself, or some other instruction I wasn't seeing.

Edited by Dragon-Commando