Unanimous Change

FlyingMustache

21 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Patronize me some more, I dare you.

Hahahahahahaa, good ole Polite Wolf. But seriously.... how come you guys ain't playing Mental Omega?

You'd have to mod Yuri's Revenge to get it more balanced, which is the unanimous change you're looking for, right? A unanimous change to make balance better? Start with IFVs and Flak Tracks, buff them so that they can shoot-and-move at aircraft like Gattling tanks.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

1 hour ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

You'd have to mod Yuri's Revenge to get it more balanced, which is the unanimous change you're looking for, right?

Duh...

1 hour ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

how come you guys ain't playing Mental Omega?

It's a wholly different experience with a wholly different meta. An amazing experience in my subjective opinion, but it's not YR and cannot and will never be a replacement for YR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

Hahahahahahaa, good ole Polite Wolf. But seriously.... how come you guys ain't playing Mental Omega?

You'd have to mod Yuri's Revenge to get it more balanced, which is the unanimous change you're looking for, right? A unanimous change to make balance better? Start with IFVs and Flak Tracks, buff them so that they can shoot-and-move at aircraft like Gattling tanks.

Yeah, pretty much everyone here has played MO. It's not YR. We're not trying to undermine MO, but we just want YR with some minor changes. I was hoping to get some unanimous ideas with this forum post.

By the way, the shoot move IFVs have been done in Keima's mod maps. They're op as balls lol. It's basically a battlefort army with more than double the speed that can also repair itself if some repair ifvs are thrown in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

Trump's wall will be completed before that^ happens :D.

Making the game free-to-play and open-source would be nice. But changes in terms of game-play... umm... buff hardly-used units (terrorists, tank destroyers, demo trucks...)

Hahaha, maybe. I'm just hoping to maybe get something all can agree on. I'm going to make a new set of mod maps that only changes things that are unanimous. I haven't gotten anything unanimous yet :P

The only thing close is the IC. There's several people that want to increase the timer, but that is offset by those who would prefer a decreased chrono timer.

I think I can see the Trump wall almost done!

If you push the IC timer to 7 minutes, it really negative effects soviets chances vs. Yuri as that's really the only way to attack yuri for the soviet forces.

If you push chrono to 5 minutes, I think it helps overall. It's a bit OP at 5 minutes in some instances, but that's ok because right now it is very useless in 1on1 combat.

Although, I guess if you make further changes to nerf some yuri units, it's possible a 7 minute IC timer could work.

Edited by XXxPrePxX

36 minutes ago, Gun_Man said:

I'd like to second zig zag's move to edit mags and not allow them to grab units on a higher level than them without an opening...not sure if that's even possible tho.  but it sounded like a good idea to me

It's definitely possible. I just tested this with RussianHat. The magnetron had to go around the cliff to hit his miner.  So if it's unanimous, it's definitely something I can put in to the UC maps I plan to make.

It's also possible to make walls block them as well if needed.

Edited by FlyingMustache

On 26/01/2018 at 2:04 PM, Plokite_Wolf said:

If you've got the ability to create that many units to grind, you don't need a Grinder to begin with...

I've played it since 2001, bub.

I think heldro is correct, if you dont understand why the mutator is the most powerful superweapon in 1v1 combat i dont think you really understand the game at all. This comment above kinda confirms the point. Playing since 2001 counts for nothing if your not good/experienced. It leaves gaps in your knowledge which shows in this instance.

Try a map like Hidden Valley, Let there be fight vs a strong yuri and you will see why the mutator is so strong. Between free regenerating slaves and a cloning vat a mutator is more valuable than any superweapon in the game. It also basically puts the sov/allied player on a time limit to win. Yuri doesnt even have to attack in a map like this. They can just camp wait and win. An experienced player knows as soon as the mutator is up the clock is ticking.

Edited by ZiGZaG

Also i dont think the IC timer should be changed. It would make dealing with yuri or even allied in late game much more difficult. Id 'mabye' take a minute off the chronosphere though. People here saying chronosphere is useless in 1v1 because of the time it takes baffle me.

If you decrease the timer of the chrono too much think of the power allies would have. Imagine playing Tsunami, Artic Circle, Depth Charge, Hammer and Sickle, Death Valley Girl, Alaskan oil spill DMZ or any map with bridges/water. It would be near impossible to lose.

Personally i think the timers are about right, and as always the map plays a huge part in how effective each superweapon is.

Edited by ZiGZaG

On 26/01/2018 at 4:37 PM, XXxPrePxX said:

Come on man, who uses aircraft against yuri's aint-air? I believe there is a skill tier difference between the players posting and you here.

Erm...me? Siege choppers absolutely devestate yuri.. even from the air. Its also the only way a sov can take yuri head-on. Allied air sucks vs yuri cept korea though yea. But in fairness the ground units of allieds are far more effective against yuri right from the start.

Edited by ZiGZaG

2 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

Erm...me? Siege choppers absolutely devestate yuri.. even from the air. Its also the only way a sov can take yuri head-on. Allied air sucks vs yuri cept korea though yea. But in fairness the ground units of allieds are far more effective against yuri right from the start.

I pretty much stated the siege chopper exception in my posts afterwards :p.

• Upvote 1

@Plokite Wolf: Well my point was, if you're gonna mod Yuri's Revenge...... wellll THERE'S AN EPIC MOD ALREADY MADE, MUHAHAHAHAAAAA: #MentalOmegaIsBoss

But I get it. Mental Omega is quite the revamp of RA2. You guys still want vanilla RA2/YR, just balanced better.... What do you pros think about the Gattling Tank being nerf'd so that it doesn't fire on the move? Bring it down to IFV/Flak Track level, instead of bringing up IFV/Flak Track to Gattling Tank's level?

24 minutes ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

@Plokite Wolf: Well my point was, if you're gonna mod Yuri's Revenge...... wellll THERE'S AN EPIC MOD ALREADY MADE, MUHAHAHAHAAAAA: #MentalOmegaIsBoss

But I get it. Mental Omega is quite the revamp of RA2. You guys still want vanilla RA2/YR, just balanced better.... What do you pros think about the Gattling Tank being nerf'd so that it doesn't fire on the move? Bring it down to IFV/Flak Track level, instead of bringing up IFV/Flak Track to Gattling Tank's level?

Gattling tank should still shoot on the move since it's not as fast as the other two. Plus it doesn't carry a passenger. Seige choppers can be a problem for yuri, so it definitely isn't a good idea to nerf the gat's shoot move. I think the best thing to do is simply nerf the ground weapon a bit. Slightly lower damage and range on the stage 1 ground weapon brings it down a few notches.

7 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

MO is a totally different game. But in saying that, imho, MO is what RA3 should have been, it just lacks cut-scenes and modern graphics. It's kind of like an alternate-alternate timeline :D.

22 hours ago, ore_truck said:

and tesla troopers....

Yeah I agree, these should have been buffed by EA/Westwood. They're only good for providing extra power for tesla coils.

I think it would have been better if this post was a poll; it would have been a lot easier to see what people agree on the most. The way it is now, people will post a list of things to nurf/buff until the cows come home (then get grinded). We should buff cows too!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

MO is a totally different game. But in saying that, imho, MO is what RA3 should have been, it just lacks cut-scenes and modern graphics. It's kind of like an alternate-alternate timeline :D.

Yeah I agree, these should have been buffed by EA/Westwood. They're only good for providing extra power for tesla coils.

I think it would have been better if this post was a poll; it would have been a lot easier to see what people agree on the most. The way it is now, people will post a list of things to nurf/buff until the cows come home (then get grinded). We should buff cows too!

Think again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4je24hf5djw

20 minutes ago, ZiGZaG said:

You always link this same video when someone mentions the troopers. Purple played like an idiot after Marko spammed troopers. That was an easy win at that point. Miner + conscript spam = gg. Both have longer range than the tesla trooper. Or even better, one desolator. Any other example than the purple idiot? Probably not. Troopers suck in vanilla. I would never lose to trooper spam.

Edited by FlyingMustache
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Legolas said:

no changes if mustache would be in charge of it....

reduced deso deployment range and longer time for ic activation would be very good and/or removing nuclear reactor from sovs would make it wonderful.

This isn't mx. I'm only changing what people can all agree on. So far, nothing will be changed! :P

28 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

You always link this same video when someone mentions the troopers. Purple played like an idiot after Marko spammed troopers. That was an easy win at that point. Miner + conscript spam = gg. Both have longer range than the tesla trooper. Any other example than the purple idiot? Probably not. Troopers suck in vanilla. I would never lose to trooper spam.

A Tesla trooper is the equivelant of rhino when used defensively. A good example is roundhouse kick, if u go naval before war and ur enemy goes straight for warfac 0 miner and rhino, tesla troopers will save your ass. ive done this many a time and had it done against me. Also that 'purple idiot' happens to be one the most succsessful players on ra2 and yr and would humiliate you with relative ease.

Another instance is Martins rush on cs against allies (on ra2) he used to go for 4 miners and move mcv to middle and spam barracks. Conscript/deso/flak trooper and tesla with a few rhino behind them is near unstoppable in that situation.

In SvS when iraq isnt involved they are the best fodder available, they take a lot of damage from rhino and can deal severe damage out, not to mention how powerful they are if u get an elite.

Every single unit in this game has its uses, just depends if u know how and when to use them.

Edited by ZiGZaG

4 minutes ago, ZiGZaG said:

A Tesla trooper is the equivelant of rhino when used defensively. A good example is roundhouse kick, if u go naval before war and ur enemy goes straight for warfac 0 miner and rhino, tesla troopers will save your ass. ive done this many a time and had it done against me. Also that 'purple idiot' happens to be one the most succsessful players on ra2 and yr and would humiliate you with relative ease.

Another instance is Martins rush on cs against allies (on ra2) he used to go for 4 miners and move mcv to middle and spam barracks. Conscript/deso/flak trooper and tesla with a few rhino behind them is near unstoppable in that situation.

In SvS when iraq isnt involved they are the best fodder available, they take a lot of damage from rhino and can deal severe damage out, not to mention how powerful they are if u get an elite.

I'd have to see it to believe it. Saying things is easier than putting it into practice. You have no video of it, so it's simply your word. Also, why do you people always get defensive? I didn't question the guy's rank. He played like a fool in the video you linked. Also, I'd be willing to play a series vs him. I can say he'd be swept against my yuri. You have to play smarter vs yuri than simply rhinos and dogs. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

I'd have to see it to believe it. Saying things is easier than putting it into practice. You have no video of it, so it's simply your word. Also, why do you people always get defensive? I didn't question the guy's rank. He played like a fool in the video you linked. Also, I'd be willing to play a series vs him. I can say he'd be swept against my yuri. You have to play smarter vs yuri than simply rhinos and dogs. 

Just because you havent seen it doesn't make it false..

Your Yuri is average at best, the player in question has beat far better yuri players than yourself. Andy/Sunny etc, search for video's if you like. And of course the playstyle is different vs sovs than it would be vs yuri, kinda ludicrous statement.

Edited by ZiGZaG

The player (purple's) skill level doesn't really matter when he played like a Goof to lose that game.

As soon as marko had only barracks, he should have been countering the inevitable infantry spam with units like Desos/flak traks / sentrys / conscripts, whatever. What he did was lose the game by making rhinos.

In any sense, the point Zig (I think) is trying to make is that every unit has it's uses. Sure... and I for one have been saved many times by Tesla troopers... but... the point still stands that in a typical game, the tesla troopers/ V3's / Russian Tesla tanks / etc. are all very useless units. The tesla trooper (IMO) is the best of a bunch of these units as it does have some very strong rush capabilities, late-game save capabilities, and anti-rush capabilities, but in general they are likely to be built in maybe 1 out of ever 10 games? 1 out of every 15?

• Upvote 1