YR client not responding

DumiKapPutin

Question

11 answers to this question

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your client.log file. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your client.log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a file called client.log

Looks like it doesn't get past InitGraphicsMode. I suspect a graphics driver issue.

You can give the XNA version of the client a try:

1. Download and install Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh
  2. Go to your Yuri's Revenge directory, then to the "Resources" sub-directory, and there start clientxna.exe (depending on Windows settings it might display just "clientxna" as the file's name)

Does the client work then?

after a while of waiting it seemed to be back to normal(i re-installed it after the new patch), but whenever i try to pause the game it keeps switching between a black screen and the pause screen and in order to get rid of that (note that i can t use ctrl+alt+del or windows button) i have to press the power button to set the laptop to sleep and only after that i can exit the game.. what is this problem?

Edited by DumiKapPutin

On 25/03/2018 at 9:39 AM, DumiKapPutin said:

after a while of waiting it seemed to be back to normal(i re-installed it after the new patch), but whenever i try to pause the game it keeps switching between a black screen and the pause screen and in order to get rid of that (note that i can t use ctrl+alt+del or windows button) i have to press the power button to set the laptop to sleep and only after that i can exit the game.. what is this problem?

How do you mean by pausing the game? Pressing Alt + Tab, going into the in game menus? 
It could be your game renderer needs changing? What are you using currently (Look in the client options under Game renderer)