KABOOM! error for CnCnet Yuris revenge launcher

Dots

Question

posted image

Using PlayOnMac... 4.2.12. i do have dotnet20sp2, dotnet35, xna40, and vcrun2008. Windows mode set so XP. i have already checked other versions of windows but the same error happens. On top of that i cant play with the older client since other games wont show up ?

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 10.12.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.20.08 AM.png

Edited by Dots

13 answers to this question

I got the same error with the new 4.x updates from the RA2 YR client. Also on Mac, but using Wineskin. I got the old 3.xx versions working in the same wineskin wrapper as the RA1/Tiberian Sun games, and version 3.93 still works this way (luckily got a backup to be able to play skirmish). When I try to update to the latest version from 3.93, the client seems to restart itself to continue the update but then it crashes with the 'kaboom' error message (Index was outside the bounds of the array).

Any advise? Manually installing the latest update does result in the exact same error.

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your client.log file. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your client.log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a file called client.log

Also include any crash logs, in the Client > Crash Logs folder.  

Sorry to bump an old thread. I have the same problem, and I'm happy to supply error logs. However, I don't have the client folder in my RA2 folder, an no such folder at all on the C drive of my winewrapper.

Any thoughts on that?

On 11/7/2018 at 11:33 AM, Worthy140 said:

Also getting the same Kaboom error. 

I followed this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nykp4oevM) youtube video right up until installing CnCnet when I got the Kaboom message. Has anyone encountered this and fixed it?

i also have the same error. havn't found a fix