YR Can't click bottom right of screen

philbusta

Question

I'm having an issue unique to YR on windows 10 64 bit. It wasn't always doing this which is the strange thing. I am unable to click on menu/building/unit buttons on the bottom of the screen, such as the "exit, back, quit" etc. buttons that hang out in the bottom right corner, as well as sidebar production when in game. Getting really frustrating. Have tried reinstalling, adding a graphical patch I found online, etc. I do not have this problem on normal RA2 either.

Running 1.001 on windows 10 with a GTX 1050ti

Edited by philbusta

5 answers to this question

@deRemarkable

See below

1. Install the CnCNet client (Skip to step 3 if already installed)
  2. This will look for your existing game directory.
  3. Once installed run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe or the shortcut supplied.
  4. Click "Options"
  5. Select "Display" and under the render options, select a new renderer. Commonly, Automatic works best.
  6. Click Save, and launch Skirmish. 
  7. Play a game with the AI. If the gameplay is fast then this renderer will likely be the best for you.
  8. If it hasn't worked, repeat from step 5 until you find a renderer that works best with your system.

Failing the above, ensure your video drivers are up-to-date. You are running a suitable resolution the game can handle.

client.png

• Like 1

I've been playing this recently and discovered that if you use the advice of turning off origin in game notifications and can get to the point where you can start a skirmish but still run into the issue of not being able to click the bottom right of the screen including some unit production that there is a temporary fix for the duration of your session, idk if it's just my computer but anyways get your skirmish loaded and when your in the match just pause the game and let your screen time out and go black, that's it, when you wiggle your mouse and it comes up, unpause and try clicking a unit in the build menu where you couldnt before and it should work, lemme know if this helps.

On 6/10/2018 at 8:31 AM, Grant said:

Could you try going into client options, and selecting TS-DDRAW at the bottom of the list? And retrying.

Sorry but could u specify which "client options" it is? I'm having the same issue and I bought the game from Origin. Dont' see a client option anywhere lol.

Cheers

On 6/18/2019 at 10:49 PM, Grant said:

@deRemarkable

See below

1. Install the CnCNet client (Skip to step 3 if already installed)
  2. This will look for your existing game directory.
  3. Once installed run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe or the shortcut supplied.
  4. Click "Options"
  5. Select "Display" and under the render options, select a new renderer. Commonly, Automatic works best.
  6. Click Save, and launch Skirmish. 
  7. Play a game with the AI. If the gameplay is fast then this renderer will likely be the best for you.
  8. If it hasn't worked, repeat from step 5 until you find a renderer that works best with your system.

Failing the above, ensure your video drivers are up-to-date. You are running a suitable resolution the game can handle.

client.png

when I record with Nvidia it gives me black flash through showing the video that I record .. when I use OPS it's clear video, no black flash. I don't know why!?