Cannot download new maps in Red Alert 2 yuri's revenge

test123

Question

Whenever I join a game that has a new map, the following message was released. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

The host has a selected a map that doesn't exist on your installation. Attempting to download it from the CnCNet map database.
Downloading custom map failed. Requesting the game host to download it to the CnCNet map database.
Download of the custom map failed. The host needs to change the map or you will be unable to participate in this match.

1 answer to this question

On 6/24/2018 at 11:39 AM, test123 said:

Whenever I join a game that has a new map, the following message was released. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

The host has a selected a map that doesn't exist on your installation. Attempting to download it from the CnCNet map database.
Downloading custom map failed. Requesting the game host to download it to the CnCNet map database.
Download of the custom map failed. The host needs to change the map or you will be unable to participate in this match.

Hello,

At a guess I would make sure your Maps > Custom folder exists in your game directory where CnCNet is installed. Failing that, do a fresh reinstall.