red alert campaign

DawnTreader

Question

So I just downloaded and installed red alert this week (was so excited to see it), and it lets me play skirmishes, no problem. However, when I go to play offline (where the campaigns are found I'm assuming, it doesn't load, and my computer gives me a message saying "main executable for Red Alert has stopped working", and only gives me an option to close the program. I'm running this on an older laptop of mine, windows 7, but it gives me no problems playing skirmishes. What can I do?

3 answers to this question

Can you please check if there might be any compatibility modes enabled for ra95.exe or ra95p.exe? If that's the case, please make sure all of them are disabled.

Also, you can try to start ra95.exe and ra95p.exe manually without the launcher and see if that works

Well if you don't know how to do that then we can assume that you didn't change it and your problem is probably caused by something else :P

But if you want to check anyways:

Open your file explorer and go to C:/Games/CnCNet/

Open the Red Alert folder (Could have different names depending on the chosen language)

In there you should find "ra95.exe" and "ra95p.exe", right click them and go to properties->compatibility and make sure nothing in there is enabled.