[4] - - - S T O R M - - -

CCCP84

Red Alert 2 map.                                       [4]   - - - S T O R M - - -

The best naval map ever.

Enjoy.

Vote for this map in topic :      CnCNet Custom Maps - submit yours!         to make it official.

Download last fixed version whith a new good-quality preview: 22.02.2019

[4] storm(cccp84).map

[4] Storm prv.jpg

Edited by CCCP84
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I can see you've put a lot of work into this, but some suggestions.
Remove all bunkers as navy maps are easy to camp already, thus the bunkers make landing craft based attacks even more difficult to pull off.

Remove the reactor for the top left as that spot is not actually all that exposed as you think, by building along the shoreline that spot is the most protected from naval attacks from carriers and dreadnaughts.

Also, the bottom middle oils force the map to be always played as Left vs Right because in Top vs Bottom the bottom would have an early economy advantage from the oils.

Edited by RaVaGe
  • Upvote 1

spysats have all players. If no spysat, than it will be hard to play for soviets.

in first versions of the map, there was no reactor. but, when we played this map, we could see, that top-left island is weaker then others. Then i desided to put reactor to make this island balansed with others.

4 hours ago, CCCP84 said:

If no spysat, than it will be hard to play for soviets.

Players who play Soviet on maps like these are used to it being 'hard' its part of the Allied vs Soviet naval match.

4 hours ago, CCCP84 said:

we could see, that top-left island is weaker then others. Then i desided to put reactor to make this island balansed with others.

Put more ore on the higher ground.

• Like 1

Sat can be destroyed by planes. Soviets should spend a lot on its defense. Map is very big. Sat needed. Alies has gap-generators. Have to use it.

More ore, or reactor.. What the difference? It is easier to reach the base on this island by howercrafts. Island needs some compensation. And i gave it.

Reactor is easy reachable to carriers. And often it destroyed by paratroopers from higher ground. It needs additional defense. It is not a very big advantage. its a small compensation. Its needed.

This map is balanced.

Edited by CCCP84
  • Upvote 1

IMHO a reactor is a big compensation, especially in the hectic early game, and for ally players also in the mid and late game.

One aspect of soviet gameplay is : you have to scout manually. on naval map it means you have to do it with typhoon, flakboats and siege-choppers. One reason for this is because soviet units are stronger in the early game so allies have to focus more on hit and run. Of course this dynamic changes a bit on navy maps, but it's still an important dynamic. f.e. u have to scout the shore before landing or risk to lose your ship etc.. On naval map with spysat everyone can see : oh the other one is trying to rush with tanks. that's not only unbalanced, it's not fun.

My opinion.

Top left have to spend a lot of money to make defence of entrance to the island. others can protect entrances easy. We played this map a lot of times, and i desided to put reactor later. after playing expirience.

Very big square of the map, huge distances make playing for soviet whithout sat impossible. But, as practice shows, sat is very vulnerable to air strikes.

Well let me think of it this way : there's a special magic on a map with different handicap positions, you could call unbalanced - but you don't have to. I like it especially in FFA's, because ppl tend to ally against the superior pos. In 2v2 I still dislike it. And the spysat might be a big help in the first matches, but if you don't know the map you should probably don't choose soviets.

Open your map with a text editor (with no formatting) like WordPad or NotePad then add 'Author=' to the [Basic] section. For example:

[Basic]

Author=CCCP84

I'm not too sure about better previews though, all I know is that the CnCNet client automatically generates them using the map rendering tool that you can download from here.

Edited by fir3w0rx
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I renewed map, added sounds. (wawes, wind, birds, etc.) I guess, this is the only not official map whith sounds..

And added more gems on main islands.

Download it from the first post in topic.(i renewed)

Vote for my map in this topic:       CnCNet Custom Maps - submit yours!         to make it official.

Hey, admins, when my map will be made official? This is the better naval map ever. Its obviously. What you waiting for?!

I have one more good map. But i wait for the desision about this one.

Edited by CCCP84

1 hour ago, CCCP84 said:

I guess, this is the only not official map whith sounds..

All of my maps have sound effect triggers.

1 hour ago, CCCP84 said:

when my map will be made official?

When you start taking feedback about your map seriously and remove things like spysats.