CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

I bought the game from origin now, but whenever I open it, there will just be a black screen popping up with the menu audio playing.  What can I do to fix this?

I can also click around and find buttons but I dont know what happened

6 answers to this question

questions on how to execute the steps, Im not that good with computer

1. what do I extract the cnc-ddraw.zip file into?  and where in the Game folder would I put it?

2. where do I disable compatibility modes for the executables?

You have to open the windows file explorer and then navigate to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II

Extract the content of cnc-ddraw.zip into this folder.

Finally, look for the game executables, If I remember right they're named: "game.exe" "gamemd.exe" "ra2.exe" "yuri.exe" "ra2md.exe". You have to right click each of them, choose "Properties" and a new window will show up, in there select the "Compatibility" tab on the top. Make sure everything in there is disabled.

Are you sure you disabled the compatibility modes for all game executables?

I don't have origin installed right now, but it could be that when you change the compatibility modes you have to click on the "Change settings for all users" button, otherwise it won't disable them.

152690d1505077245-change-compatibility-m

now Ive done the above, the same thing still happens.  Can you guide me through the zip file extraction?  Because red alert 2 was able to run fine while yuri’s revenge have the same error showing up

Edited by TrainerWroyce