Offline sgtmyers88

• You cannot kill my spirit!
Re: Let's Play Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn Redux
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2017, 09:54:38 AM »
You might have to make a couple attempts. I played thru and had severe framerate issues and had to quit midway. I might have to revise it. :(

Offline TaxOwlbear

• It's me, TaxOwlbear.
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2017, 01:50:52 PM »
Is it due to the unit load or due to units getting stuck and the pathfinding AI going mad?
My YouTube Gaming Channel: http://youtube.com/TaxOwlbear

Offline sgtmyers88

« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2017, 03:57:34 PM »
It will have to be further investigated. I'm sure it's the latter.

Offline TaxOwlbear

• It's me, TaxOwlbear.
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2017, 12:22:49 PM »
I finished the mission yesterday. A couple of things:

1. The Eastern AI lines up its units on the river between its base and the player starting location, which causes frame drops. This can be fixed by building Obelisks there which zap all those units.
2. I have access to a lot of tech, including Chem Warriors, Nod Launchers, Armour Upgrade tec. Is that WAD?
3. The Nuke is very powerful. Both bases can be crippled with a Nuke, which makes the mission easier than in the original.
4. I have access to the Temple of Nod immediately without getting the XP upgrade.
5. The Eastern AI had trouble rebuilding some stuff e.g. one of its AGTs got stuck at 40%. Could be a random glitch.
6. The Eastern AI didn't use its on-map Warhogs much.

Maybe there should be a second bridge in the East? Yes, it changes the map even more, but it would also make it more challenging because then the player has to defend two fronts.

Offline sgtmyers88

« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2017, 04:21:47 AM »
I have addressed said issues. And yes minus a couple minor items you are intended to have access to the full tech tree in this mission.

I have the revised mission map and .ini files here based on your suggestions. Feel free to replay it. It might be better to your liking. I also think with the edits it will be much more interesting to use for your gameplay video.

EDIT: Yes the GDI AI is much better now and framerate performance is improved. GDI also managed to do a massive two pronged attack on me and put up a really good fight at one point. The on map Warthogs also do more than sit on the airfields looking pretty and Orca attacks are more numerous. GDI also decided to be a troll to wait and fire the Ion Cannon on my Tiberium Refinery destroying it along with my two harvesters who were waiting to dock.

Oh and is the end cinematic that loads after the score screen working ok?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:03:52 AM by sgtmyers88 »

Offline TaxOwlbear

• It's me, TaxOwlbear.
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2017, 09:25:27 AM »
Alright, I'll replay it. The video will probably be ready by Wednesday then. :)

Yes, the ending cinematic worked for me. I was wondering why the extra map was necessary, though - Generals does have an ending cinematic after the pre-rendered ending (dramatic music with the faction flag waving).

Offline sgtmyers88

« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2017, 09:53:22 AM »
For some odd reason EA apparently disabled the function for Zero Hour as I have made several attempts in the code to re-enable the feature with no success. I have no idea why they went thru the trouble to do that when it worked fine for Generals.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 09:55:25 AM by sgtmyers88 »

Offline TaxOwlbear

• It's me, TaxOwlbear.
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2017, 01:01:43 PM »
The revised version is much more challenging and fun. :) GDI put up a good fight, and the on-map Warhogs are killers. The new bridge helps too.

Offline sgtmyers88

« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2017, 06:34:40 PM »
Good to hear! Consider those A-10's to be a sort of final "boss" you have to fight and defeat. Haha

« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2017, 08:34:20 PM »
 I had to uninstall the mod. After I installed it again doesn't work. Launcher only opens Zero Hour all time :ranting:

Will you upload it to Moddb when you also have GDI13 in a hypothetical version 1.44?

Offline TaxOwlbear

• It's me, TaxOwlbear.
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »
Here we go:

Nod Mission 13

Offline sgtmyers88

« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2017, 09:36:43 AM »
Just finished watching it. Turned out fantastic, and seemed fitting for it being the final stand for GDI. lol Loved seeing the AI trolling you. I created a monster for sure. How long did that mission take to finish? Noticed you cut and skipped though video segments a few times. I also noticed the framerate appears to be much improved minus a few issues at the beginning when the map was filled.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:55:29 AM by sgtmyers88 »

Offline TaxOwlbear

• It's me, TaxOwlbear.
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2017, 10:33:51 AM »
Total playing time was just over an hour. I decided to cut about 15 minutes because it was really just me building stuff, and I try to keep videos under an hour.

I'm psyched for the last three GDI missions!

Offline TaxOwlbear

• It's me, TaxOwlbear.
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2017, 11:50:38 AM »
One last thought on this mission: GDI doesn't seem to use the Ion Cannon all that frequently. I didn't count the time between strikes, but if it's not too much work, maybe give them a special Ion Cannon with a shorter cooldown time?  :)

Offline sgtmyers88

« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2017, 07:07:47 AM »
I will take a look at it.