Toxicity for picking Yuri

Banafrit

Now, before I get to my main problem at hand: yes. Yes, I know toxicity is (to some degree) in every gaming community, there's never a true way to avoid it. I grew up playing this game, so when I found out that there was still a way to play multiplayer on this game, I was happy to come back.

I mainly play as Korea and Yuri in this game, but Yuri was my original main since I liked his tactics. However, everytime I've chosen to play as Yuri (whether it'd be in an FFA or team battle), I'd be bashed for picking him. It didn't matter how good I was at the game in general, I was bashed for picking Yuri as my faction. Now I know he's been OP for years now, until the community patch. But personally, I feel Yuri was nerfed WAY too hard with the patch, rather then taking one step at a time. But this isn't the community patch thread, so I'm going to keep it relevant here.

So I haven't been able to play a game at all since everyone either:

Left when they saw I picked Yuri.

Harassment through private messages outside of the lobby (whom were leavers that didn't like me picking Yuri.)

Or people threatening to not ready up until I switched off of Yuri.

I'm tired of this toxicity, and there's no true way to ignore it, with it happening consistently. Yes, I can block everyone, but this toxicity has been near constant and its frankly, untolerated. I flat out can't play the game with the pick that I want, and this is aggravating. I know there is a report thread for this, but can someone sympathize with me here? I know I'm not the only one who gets flak for this.

Edited by Banafrit
  • Upvote 1

You're not the only one. In fact, this happens on other C&C games too. You get bashed for picking GDI in Tiberian Sun or USA SW general in Generals Zero Hour. People just don't like playing against a stronger faction because they think it's not fun whether they are using it or playing against it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

Unfortunately, Yuri is actually even more powerful with the patch if you know how to use Yuri.
I suggest you try making lasher tanks with multiple factories for a change.

Will take note of this. I'll be talking on the Yuri patch thread about my opinion and perspective on Yuri's changes. Thanks in advance though.

22 hours ago, ore_truck said:

You're not the only one. In fact, this happens on other C&C games too. You get bashed for picking GDI in Tiberian Sun or USA SW general in Generals Zero Hour. People just don't like playing against a stronger faction because they think it's not fun whether they are using it or playing against it.

GDI will never be stronger than the Brotherhood, infidel :P. xD. But you are so right! All this crying is such annoying. 

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...