Make fixes to the entire game

Weaponx

Is it not time to buff /nerf and fix the game a bit ? Instead of just "vet maps", they should just upgrade the game?

Nod is weak, has weak units and weak attacks, take the "vet patch" and apply it to the game, so we dont need "vet maps" and its just a part of the game.

Westwood / EA would have done it if they didnt cut tiberian sun off so fast back in the days. I mean you fixed ALT, bugbuild etc, so why not fix the units, and buff NOD for a change.

• Like 1

There is still a number of bugs, but if no fixes? then revert ALT, i can use that.

Sub dives and can be damaged while moving underground, that´s bullshit.

CC is weak and misses way to much for the price, time and buildings required to make it. Where GDI just requires a tech center to make an MK, nod has to make an tech, and tempel of nod, which cost more then an  MK combine, and more time to build, yet low price units / 2 titans can kill and CC. Where is the logic in this?

Nod has limited units to attack with unlike GDIs titans which works defensive and offensive, thats why the CC has to be buffed and not miss 3/4 shots on a titan which Qs.

GDI is simple OP, and thats a fact, so buff up nod a bit.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Like 1

I fully agree with you WeaponX, that Nod is too weak.

- The most annoying thing is q-ing disses. C&C misses them, roket men miss them, undeployed tanks miss them, bikes miss them; only banshees and obelisks target them well.

- If you attack with Devils, they get bombed away by 2 bombers; or are easy for rpgs. If you attack with C&C, its better, but still: Easy for bombers, rpgs and tits. Tanks are bomber food and too weak against inf, bikes are so weak, they cant even win against 1 soldier. And if you have banshees (after all the stuff you need for def with the little $/tib you have), GDi will just have engies, sams and 2 or 3 mcvs. So how the hell do you want to attack? Harv harassing doesnt work either, because a stealth tank or a bike cant hold its own against 1 titan.

- Why are Cyborgs so lame for WW maps? Make them stronger against vehicles, especially tits, and resistant against bombers.

- Obelisks are strong, but you need way too much energy for them.

- Why cant bikes shoot at air targets like in TD?

- So true what you said about Mammuths: Why does Nod need Temple?

- Why do Buggies cost 500 $ instead 300 $ like in TD?

I don't think it is as simple as saying GDI are OP. The Nod vs GDI match up is very map dependent, some maps mean that the GDI unit advantage is non existent. The defacto map for the community for good players is Terrace, which does typically favor GDI, especially in 2v2, although I would say there are generally less good Nod players at a high level. All GDI disruptor and MK attacks are extremely vulnerable to sams and rockets whereas with a sub, you can roam around the base until you find an opening, providing your opponent doesn't have an emp which is not likely for the first few sub attacks. Nod get cash back via successful engi attacks which goes someway to compensate for additional costs for CC. GDI need a service for a carryall and a sensor to successfully counter Nod attacks so that's additional cash required for GDI that isn't for Nod. CC's are cheaper than MKs. There are bugs that could be fixed I agree but I think you yourself show that Nod don't need to be buffed to compete. 

• Confused 1

I think nod is fine. Id tweak a few tiny things. They arent supposed to be even. Nod is supposed to be the underdog and require more skill. Most the wins on ladder are nod. That being said they need to get someone competent to do the ladder maps. Youve got br vs bl terr? Part ts maps, part fs, part vet part not. I mean... -_-

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Please don't "fix" the game any more LOL.  This is a classic game,  leave the normal gameplay alone and enjoy. 

If you would like to make so many changes just take the code fix everything you think needs fixing and rename the game to your liking.  After all, it is open source.

The last thing we need is to add the vet super mod to the whole game.  To be honest the only thing that needs fixing is most peoples Internet connection and a computer that can run the game.  I think we have about 80 to 100 players total on this game and from those about 20 to 30 can run the game at normal speed. 

• Like 1

Just play firestorm game..

gdi is stronger on open maps

nod is stronger on larger or bottle necked maps..

with firestorm game on both are balanced at both.

vet patch is still a fair upgrade to nod regardless though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Black said:

Just play firestorm game..

gdi is stronger on open maps

nod is stronger on larger or bottle necked maps..

with firestorm game on both are balanced at both.

vet patch is still a fair upgrade to nod regardless though. 

Yeah, Firestorm gives us hungry reapers :D. But they made the disses even stronger :(.

13 hours ago, TRZ said:

I think nod is fine. Id tweak a few tiny things. They arent supposed to be even. Nod is supposed to be the underdog and require more skill. Most the wins on ladder are nod. That being said they need to get someone competent to do the ladder maps. Youve got br vs bl terr? Part ts maps, part fs, part vet part not. I mean... -_- 

Infidel, the Brotherhood will always be superior :P:D. In Tiberian Dawn, Nod is stronger than GDI. But some GDi hacks infiltrated Westwood and hijacked TS.

14 hours ago, en3rgy52 said:

I don't think it is as simple as saying GDI are OP. The Nod vs GDI match up is very map dependent, some maps mean that the GDI unit advantage is non existent. The defacto map for the community for good players is Terrace, which does typically favor GDI, especially in 2v2, although I would say there are generally less good Nod players at a high level. All GDI disruptor and MK attacks are extremely vulnerable to sams and rockets whereas with a sub, you can roam around the base until you find an opening, providing your opponent doesn't have an emp which is not likely for the first few sub attacks. Nod get cash back via successful engi attacks which goes someway to compensate for additional costs for CC. GDI need a service for a carryall and a sensor to successfully counter Nod attacks so that's additional cash required for GDI that isn't for Nod. CC's are cheaper than MKs. There are bugs that could be fixed I agree but I think you yourself show that Nod don't need to be buffed to compete. 

It is very simple. Ask the best of the best, Zenetusken. He will conform that Nod is weak on WW maps. In GSO GDI is not that op, but still better. And in giants, only a few know how to defend GDI diss rushes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No offense but Zenetursken is a newb, but nod is weaker, that's a fact. The MK carrier combo will always beat CC sub. (MK autoshot instantly without targeting is OP, yet it is seen as "OK", which should be nerfed)

CC should simple not miss so much, and the vet aimed to fix that. It should just be implemented in normal ts. As for ticks deployed having a tiny bit more hp then a titan its all fair, it wins deployed (also vet). It loses Un-deployed which is fair, so I don't get gdi players who complain about it, since it has limited range deployed takes time to deploy, meaning it isn't flexible like a Q titan.  Deployed it does not get as much damaged bombed, while un-doplyed it gets pummeled.

There is basically 4 changes in vet, and players like Tiger and Toprush cant handle this, is just a joke for me.

- Ticks upgraded a tiny bit

- Cyborg commando miss less.

- Cyborgs has a tiny bit more range +1

- Sub takes 2 hits from a mk, 175hp normal in vet 210.

its minimal upgrades and the whining from decent/ gd  players is a joke. Adapt and play, and these small buffs do not make NOD OP, and should just be implemented in TS general.

Not to mention medics are a lot more useful and stronger in vet, yet i do not see nod players whining about this.

Make the changes and people should just adjust.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Weaponx said:

No offense but Zenetursken is a newb, but nod is weaker, that's a fact. The MK carrier combo will always beat CC sub. (MK autoshot instantly without targeting is OP, yet it is seen as "OK", which should be nerfed)

CC should simple not miss so much, and the vet aimed to fix that. It should just be implemented in normal ts. As for ticks deployed having a tiny bit more hp then a titan its all fair, it wins deployed (also vet). It loses Un-deployed which is fair, so I don't get gdi players who complain about it, since it has limited range deployed takes time to deploy, meaning it isn't flexible like a Q titan.  Deployed it does not get as much damaged bombed, while un-doplyed it gets pummeled.

There is basically 4 changes in vet, and players like Tiger and Toprush cant handle this, is just a joke for me.

- Ticks upgraded a tiny bit

- Cyborg commando miss less.

- Cyborgs has a tiny bit more range +1

- Sub takes 2 hits from a mk, 175hp normal in vet 210.

its minimal upgrades and the whining from decent/ gd  players is a joke. Adapt and play, and these small buffs do not make NOD OP, and should just be implemented in TS general.

Not to mention medics are a lot more useful and stronger in vet, yet i do not see nod players whining about this.

Make the changes and people should just adjust.

They really say Nod is op with that? Are you serious? XD. These are minor and absolutey fair changes.

I am for a patch, where Nod Bikes can shoot aircraft again (as in TD) and Obelisks need 1/4 of the energy they need now. Then it would be really balanced! :D 

On 8/5/2019 at 8:10 PM, Weaponx said:

Is it not time to buff /nerf and fix the game a bit ? Instead of just "vet maps", they should just upgrade the game?

I am sure it is.

I tried to do it myself, but doing these kind of changes is very problematic. We are not the same. Someone thinks, that Tick-Tank needs buff, other one thinks its fine and the 3rd person says it should be nerfed (this was just example!)... It would be great idea, but very hard to implement as it would also cause "fans" to split into the group that likes it and into the group that does not like it.

Whenever I feel, that something needs to be changed, I implement it in my mod (same as those vet-maps mappers did), but making this "large scale" would be hard :)

It does feel weird that the MM2 and ghost are available only with tech center while the C and MH needs a temple of Nod. They probably tried to make it like TD where you needed a temple to unlock the elite infantry.

• Like 1

Is it what it is. Why don't u guys do what some of us do and make your own maps with your edits. Thats the beauty of a deserted game like TS. Everything TS based outside of original TS is made by fans like you and me, so rather then to want or demand things, just enjoy whats already there. Fans made alot of stuff. Check ppmsite.com's forum

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nah i demand shit, and making fixes is still TS based, and EA/WESTWOOD would have done it, had they not stopped so early.  They fixed Alt, and bug build and V, so why not fix the rest of the things.

To less people play NOD because its just to hard, the VET upgrades fixes that a bit.

To actually nerf the Harvey bomb would be detrimental to weapons nod tho... and if you think about it, it's one thing nod has over on gdi as they can also steal gdi harvys if they gdi tried to do the same attack.... 

I just think leaving it all as is because its balanced in terms of nod being the underdog... and on different maps then different strengths and weaknesses.  If your a giants player then upgrading nod might seem silly as gdi is the lesser played faction on that map... 

Nod is supposed to be more challenging to play with. Let's keep it that way. gdi is for noobs. 

The teams should be pretty even, and a "underdog" does not mean your cyborg should miss 3 out of 4 shots on a low level unit like a titan. That make no sense at all.

Look at what you have to build to make a cyborg, Tech, temple of nod and the waiting time just to build them. While gdi just have to tech and build an MK.

So that´s 2000ton2 + 2000cc = 4000 to build an CC.

MK = 3000.

The cyborg should just miss less, then it would be pretty balanced.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tibermach said:

To actually nerf the Harvey bomb would be detrimental to weapons nod tho... and if you think about it, it's one thing nod has over on gdi as they can also steal gdi harvys if they gdi tried to do the same attack.... 

I just think leaving it all as is because its balanced in terms of nod being the underdog... and on different maps then different strengths and weaknesses.  If your a giants player then upgrading nod might seem silly as gdi is the lesser played faction on that map... 

Nod is supposed to be more challenging to play with. Let's keep it that way. gdi is for noobs. 

YES! Gdi is for noobs, for the WEAK! :D (KANE LIVES)

It don't miss buildings... maybe it's not for killing titans.... stop comparing apples with bears 

It costs 1k more if you include temple, but you sell temple and get the cash back anyway... if you don't sell temple you have a hunter seekers quicker than gdi with upgrade centre and keeping tech ... there is much more to it than the surface... 

Also with temple you get hijacker.... what a fuxking unit! 

You can also build hands quicker and easier than spare war factories if you want to include that in analysis... and for 2v2 nod essentially has the extra lifeline when paired with a gdi.... 

I think if you walk towards tits and shoot then it's more accurate? 

To be fair titans walking away from a shot makes sense... that they don't incur so much damage, the cc doesn't have homing missiles.... it's more realistic that some times things miss the mark... 

Gdi also have to build a service depot and pad for an mk to be useful? 

The teams are about fair. Some maps favour others. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1