C&C: Red Alert beta

Siberian GRemlin

On 9/15/2019 at 2:02 AM, Tore said:

Cool stuff. Do you know if there are any changes in gameplay from this beta to retail?

* few bugs;
* differences in missions;
* files, excluded from release version;
* beta version of RAEd (official map editor);
* no many movies and music, etc.;
* no Windows XP and above support;
* wrong readme file;
* may be something else.

I don't need any proof from anybody, I'm sure it's original, authentic and legitimate. I wanted to find out if I found something undiscovered/rare or something ordinary, because I didn't look for CnC\WS scene for years.

BTW, I solved problem with running it on Win7.

New differences:

• Different sound of Tanya's pistols fire.
  • Ranger named just "Jeep".
  • Upvote 1

I've been offered RA2 betas 3 times, all 3 were fake, first was the "Russian Beta" which im sure you are well aware is impossible to exist.

That one was scrapped up worst possible work from the PreRA2 mod which ironically i was working on at the time this offer was made.

Other two were higher quality fakes, still ripping from PreRA2 but better.

Actually if mixes are supposedly Jan 96 then that's the wrong logo, i know the final RA logo was done around September, so this is probably a well crafted fake

That's the logo from before September

oldlogo.png

And this was the logo on December 95

RDALERT1.png

Edited by tomsons26

On 9/29/2019 at 11:29 AM, Siberian GRemlin said:

I don't need any proof from anybody, I'm sure it's original, authentic and legitimate. I wanted to find out if I found something undiscovered/rare or something ordinary, because I didn't look for CnC\WS scene for years.

It's nothing personal towards you, but there is a history of people in the community faking "beta" versions of the C&C games. Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, Renegade 2, the list goes on...

If it is legitimate as you say, then it would be something the community would love to test and discover, but if you want to keep it to yourself for whatever reason, did you post this topic other than to gain the attention of the community? I sent you two PM's in case you didn't want to discuss these things publicly and offering a trade, out of respect, but you have not replied to my messages so I take this as you are not interested in sharing this with the community at all. I do hope I am wrong and you are willing to share what you have with the greater community.

There are many people in the community that can help you pull the game apart to find MANY more things than you would be able to find. Debug/Development options and settings? This is something I could locate and enable for example.

Edited by CCHyper
  • Upvote 1

On 9/29/2019 at 7:35 PM, tomsons26 said:

Actually if mixes are supposedly Jan 96 then that's the wrong logo, i know the final RA logo was done around September, so this is probably a well crafted fake

Сan you attach official screenshot with that logo to your claim? Or it's just your own imaganiation?!

On 9/30/2019 at 11:51 PM, CCHyper said:

It's nothing personal towards you, but there is a history of people in the community faking "beta" versions of the C&C games. Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, Renegade 2, the list goes on...

Only RA2 beta has been leaked to net, but it's lost. And now I found C&C:RA1 beta on authentic disk.

No, RA2 beta was never released as it never existed, only a fake was attempted to be passed off as authentic, that was my exact point...

It's obvious you don't want to share RA1 beta this with the community.

Edited by CCHyper

8 minutes ago, CCHyper said:

It's obvious you don't want to share RA1 beta this with the community.

I don't want to share it for free.

10 minutes ago, tomsons26 said:

Are you pulling my leg? It's just a mod, not beta.

14 minutes ago, CCHyper said:

No, RA2 beta was never released as it never existed

If you say so, but I do know this.

7 minutes ago, Siberian GRemlin said:

I don't want to share it for free.

Are you serious? When you get your hands on a unique piece of C&C history, your first thought is "how much can I get for this"?

Anyway, no one is going to given any money for something that can't be verified as being legit, especially since its main menu uses a logo that should not exist at that time. The least you can do is give the map editor exe file to verify that it is indeed an unknown build.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, tomsons26 said:

Romanian magazine previewing RA early 1996, note the logo.

This is logo from press kit, that date is unknown! Hm... May be not from press kit. Image looks like that logos just cuted from some ads – look at BG!

Can you give any screen shot of game menu with that logo?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHmjApUgKzg

1. Soviet Barracks bug. Only in this Mission? I dunno.
2. Different map, different tech tree.
3. Radar Dome construction cells count like C&C:TD's Communication Center.
4. Mini-map mouse bugs, different ore color on mini-map.
5. Mission 5 starts with two MCV, like in Mission 5 CGI movie in retail version.
7. Game crushs after start of Soviet Missions 4 and 5, so you need to quick save game and load it after crush to play it.

May be something else.