C&C: Red Alert beta

Siberian GRemlin

I don't see anything here that couldn't be faked using Chronoshift code and some modding, but lets assume you have the genuine article that is a near final beta. What do you want for it? There is going to be very little that the modding community would find useful, so its not that valuable as a resource. As a collectors item? Maybe if its an original disk you might convince someone to pay you something for it if you can prove its genuine but you are barking up the wrong tree here.

• Upvote 2

Yea, this looks even more fake, definitely can't say this could be real without seeing the game exe now.

That video doesn't show anything that can't be faked. It does show a lot of inconsistencies tho.

For it to be a build from when the ClockTranslucentTable(sidebar clock tint, sub cloak color) was blue the radar doesn't match. The radar had a blue outline signifying the bounds of the UI element, i guess for gadget debugging purpose, that code still exists in RA. You can see it here, You can confirm this screenshot is of that era looking at the missiles the subs fire which aren't brown but blue and by examining the last indexes of the palette.

ralert01.gifralert01_pal.png.53b06ee9fbe2f68723d2cbd52a1aec83.png

Notice also in the screenshot there's no radar art behind the radar, only black, the art didn't exist in these builds.

The Help Text(simply(but factually wrongly) put, on cameo tooltips) used to remap to the house, so red for soviets blue for allies, i recently found that code in RA.

Pic from a RA trailer showing the remapping

brave_2019-10-04_12-20-09.png

Edited by tomsons26

Hey, look at this! I doctored, fabricated and faked subtitles in intro movie for Soviet campaign. I wonder, how I did it?!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3EJXxrS6s8p6MwU4A-Eq8dF_MiXpsjfA

Ok, I tell you my secret: all this is done by my home bear. He's very smart and clever. I should feed him more. Tomorrow he is about to infiltrate Petroglyph to steal something good. Interestingly, what we can fabricate after that...

And supposing you have a legitimate pre-release build of the game, which you apparently don't, what purpose does it have sitting on your hard drive only? If you had nothing to hide, you would've already released it as soon as you got it, because this is how things work with discovered betas - for any game.

You asking for money is shady as fuck.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, TaxOwlbear said:

Don't expect someone else to email random former Westwood staff and ask them about leaks.

Hey, watch your tone! I'll call a moderator and he will ban you for the insult.

1 hour ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

asking for money is shady as fuck.

Why?

Edited by Ezer_2000

4 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Why?

Because nobody has any reason to trust a random person coming in with dubious material and asking money for it. It's a scam attempt.

And again, nobody who has beta access to anything wants money for that sort of thing, they just want their findings to be out and about.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

shady as fuck.

5 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

scam attempt.

Yeah. But can you give more logical and proper explaionations?

What if he has real beta? And how much he ask for it?

Statement №2:

4 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

nobody who has beta access to anything wants money for that sort of thing, they just want their findings to be out and about.

Look. Let's assume that I have it, I would sell that aswell. Statement №2 disproved.

16 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

What if he has real beta? And how much he ask for it?

He should ask $0. Same as all of these and more. https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

16 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Look. Let's assume that I have it, I would sell that aswell. Statement №2 disproved.

Why would you?

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

7 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Becasue I know there are people who want it very much and they won't get it unless they pay for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

Without sending files over for verification, and indeed straight-up refusing to do so means the real value of the item is $0.

After the item is verified and public, the original can only have collector's value and only a handful of people would have it for a sorta-reasonable price.

This isn't comparable to eBay.

• Like 1

Without sending files over for verification, and indeed straight-up refusing to do so means the real value of the item is $0.

After the item is verified and public, the original can only have collector's value and only a handful of people would have it for a sorta-reasonable price.

This isn't comparable to eBay.

Well, I won't suggest anything more. I hope the owner will make a fair deal.

Its getting a bit out of hand here, I asked SG in a private message to show me something that that could not be faked.

As far as the binaries/exe's he has, this is a legitimate beta version of Red Alert 1 that SG has. While there is no proof I have seen the files that come with it are authentic, it would be safe to say that after what I asked to see, this actually authentic.

So let's for a start stop pressuring SG.

Edited by CCHyper

Yeah, I am no longer doubting this. We have a render of the shipyard scene, and that specific cutscene, SHIPYARD.VQA, is missing from the final game, but referenced in the videos list. I used that entry in the little addon I made to add the Playstation ants briefing with General Carville into the game, by renaming the video file to SHIPYARD.VQA so the game would accept it. I always wondered what the full video would look like.

This is an amazing find, just for those media alone.

Transport seems to come up to the shore tiles? Might be just the larger sprite.

Does this version have the option to place multiple unit at once into a transport?

cargo truck doesn't have a shadow. Just like how the nuke truck doesnt have one in Aftermath.

*Demo truck in aftermath

There's also visual glitching with explosions on the ConYard.

Soviet units say "it is done" as acknowledgemen reply. There are different voices saying this reply.

The team unit text might be rendering on different parts of units?

Mission 6 is different and has a different map. You need to rescue the MCV instead of getting it at the start. In the final game the map has garbage outside of the visual area, might be leftovers from this version?

U2 plane might be slower?

On mission 7 the brown grey enemy buys thieves and doesn't seem to have flamethrowers?

Rocket soldier seems to be using his 'firing air units' sprite while shooting upwards to ground units?

V2 rocket when launched seems smaller than in final? Or is that just me?

The advanced power plant seems slightly off too?

The mammoth tank firing animation is bugged too

Tanya has different pistol sounds. The AA guns in this version have Tanya's pistol sound from the final version?

Tesla zap weapons dont seem to make the game sleep for 1 second in this version of the game

Ore grows on shore tiles

Ore grows

Destroyer rocket seems different too?

This looks very legit.

Also asking money for releasing beta stuff isn't that odd..inthe prototype ROMs community it's standard.

How much money do you want Siberian_GRemlin?

Thank you for showing these videos and screenshots, made my day ;)

Mission 3 is bugged in this version. Plus the movie for mission 3 shows 2 mission selection options on the map in the background of the video.

The spy also doesnt properly enter the transport

AA Gun has different sounf

Naval transports look bigger too

Gunboat sprite is based off C&C1 render

On mission 5 there is a different shore tile at the left upper part of the middle island

Prices are different too

Note to Iran, please don't make a gazillion posts, Toms.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Iran said:

Ore grows on shore tiles

Ore grows

In final version ore also grows, may be not so fast.

In beta no ore mines.

7 hours ago, Iran said:

Does this version have the option to place multiple unit at once into a transport?

Yes, but it's hard to do, because units may just stop whenever they want.

Edited by Siberian GRemlin