How to install Red Alert 1 on Windows XP Vista 7 8 10 Linux MAC. 32 / 64bit

FunkyFr3sh

What version info does the game show in the main menu, just to the right below the lowest button?

After telling me that download the game from http://iran.cnc-comm.com/ra/, install it IN ITS OWN FOLDER and see if the issue still happens with that. If that's the case give me the mission files, any savegame files as needed and steps to reproduce.

I checked the two crashes, the first crash is while calling something called LayerClass::Draw_It() and the second crash is the same crash as the Radar Dome crash, which I fixed a few weeks ago.

i didnt update ra1installer with the latest ra95.exe yet since i would need to play with it at least 1-2month to make sure it doesnt cause problems online, the .exe which is included currently is very stable, i played with it for months without out of sync or other problems :) Also the new .exe doesnt have any multiplayer/lan/ enhancements so i prolly wont update it anytime soon, its too risky!

try to use this file (on your own risk) http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/ra95.zip

the radar crash is very rare btw, it prolly only happens once a week (incase you play the game everyday for hours)

and the other crash i dunno, never heard about it

try out irans installer if you are into singleplayer, you cant update to it you will need to redownload the game, he was updating it recently http://iran.cnc-comm.com/ra/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Siberian_GRemlin: Russian language pack (new) siberian-studio.ru
You haven't my permission for using my localization. Please exclude it and put only link to russianizer homepage. Russianizer not required any custom installers for work.

I actually made my own translation and later MrFlibble told me about yours, so i ended up using your translation :) But im going to remove it

You haven't my permission for using my localization. Please exclude it and put only link to russianizer homepage. Russianizer not required any custom installers for work.

I honestly don't see why you are so upset about people using your translation work and distribute it themselves, especially when it's fully credited, with a link back to you.

Do I need to remind you that after I designed a translation system for C&C95, FOR YOU, AND FROM YOUR SPECIFICATIONS, I got a year of communication blackout in return, and then found out you did an ugly hack of your translation into the English language included in my patch, rather than using the available system as it was supposed to be used? And then apparently you complained about how more of that hacking in my configuration tool made it crash?

All of that would've been avoided completely if you'd have let me make and distribute it, the way I designed it :dry:

And I never gave you permission to mess around with the internals of my config tool, either.

Don't judge me! You don't know what I gone through that year and half in real life.

Very sorry, but I don't know what went on after it, either! I had to find out from MrFlibble that you even released a Russian version! Not to mention, pretty much none of us can read Russian, so we can't really stay up-to-date with what you do on these Russian websites.

And for all the mails we exchanged, not a single one contained a simple "thank you". Usually after I sent you whatever you asked for, you never even mailed me back  :dry:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've been having errors trying to get this working on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit edition. I'm able to play it using the DD Wrapper, however that has a lot of colour issues with my dual monitor setup (I'm trying to do video capture of the game so I'd really like to get CnC-Draw working). At first when I was trying to launch the program using CnC-Draw I would get an error saying "Process required an administrative _____" to which I started running the application in administrator mode, and instead started getting an error saying "The Instruction at 004... could not be read."

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the application, however I now get a new error when trying to use CnC-Draw (again, DD Wraper works), saying

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ra95.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.1

Application Timestamp: 36cb58cb

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

I've tried using CnC-Draw with every combination of video settings possible available in the options and don't know where to go from here :(  Any help would be really greatly appreciated!

Download the game from iran.cnc-comm.com/redalert

I get the same issue with trying to run this (the game not working using CnC-DDraw).It did give me crash dump files though if that would help pinpoint what the issue is?

edit: I just tested t his on another PC in the household which uses the exact same OS version and it works completely fine so it's an issue with my PC specifically. I don't think I specifically mentioned this though - the issue I'm having is the game crashes as soon as I launch the game (the actual game not the launcher) throwing that error. Sometimes I see the black screen of the game window, sometimes not, but the error has been the same when trying to use CnC-DDraw./

• 3 weeks later...