complaint about The patch too red alert 1 that removed a lot

[Spro]Sin

The new update the game has made this game a far worse game for me 

I have been doing much Research of my own hours of testing 

This is a complex topic that have too sides i understand this 

nicknamed Steroid Tanking by crush, many alternative ways of tanking turned out too exist

the known ways of tanking are q tanking gq tanking & sgq tanking

the crush video link cheat methed to used here  ,,,> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Qhj9Nqtx8

alt & g & q  tanking worked before the update for some pros 

it no longer works

I don^t fully understand the buttons used or the timing needed 

also gq & q together sametime I used myself mostly in mini q master games vs others pros noobs & the ai no longer works 

too understand what this is dual q & gq marge into one 

gq-ing your tanks & q-ing your tanks at the same time has the traits of both q & gq is powerfull tanks auto fire like in gq but by also q-ing u also fire kill more tanks by aiming your self as well

The topic cheating come up on Steroid Tanking  yes many players used the hotkey editer too bind keys into one button yes I agree this is cheating

but Steroid Tanking its self is not cheating and should not be considerd as cheating it was used be possable hold down 2 buttons on your keyboard same time tank this way do the same kind of thing without cheating of any kind at least with my way of using it 

Steroid Tanking was  a closely guarded secret by many pros who used it myself too i didn't know other pros had there own ways of using it but also I know there was lot more out there then what meets the eye 

In a black & white world of q gq & sgq its turns out colour existed too

i wish only too preserve game mechanics from being lost forever 

I have many online friends on cncnet i don't want lose my friend ships and the game used to the best game in the world to me there never be a game as this one was 

however am looking for a new game get into now. red alert 1 was good in its day 

i don't want to cause a butterfly effect but i know philly retire too if I do a lot players be upset too petersky cloutiers return not go well 13clan members be upset many others friends of mine too 

but the fun in the game is gone for me becouse this patch and update has set the game on the wrong path 

what am asking for is fix the patch so hotkeys work without using cheats too gq & q same time is a tanking style where tanks can be in a q & gq state at the same time and i wish safe as many other ways of tanking as possable

but i dont want players using key binding as this is cheating but there is a differences holding down many buttons with fingers on keyboard and using the hotkey editer to do this 

The level of play in red alert 1 has gone up over the years for many years players didn't know gq existed only use q

ehy used gq as well he know of it before many others its what made him so powerful in tank batties  

sadly my understanding of far past is limited but I been here for a long time about 7 years online back then updates didn't hurt the game in any way i know of at least

ehy was skilled at making super tesla too ended up getting a update that got super tesla added bug fix settings  

i think another fix is just add Steroid Tanking as a setting players room host can turn on or off  same way super tesla works 

it make both sides happy 

red alert 1 is a very unique game hotkeys & base walking 

being able too q & gq simultaneously 1 group of tanks is what made game fun for me 

my decision too retire or not is not set in stone all options are on the table its not too late yet 

its depends on if this update patch gets fixed or not and the responses too my posts 

GQ works for me still.  Make sure you reconfigure ALL your settings and make sure those hotkeys are set to different keys

It will take some time to adjust, but i am confident that you will be able to adapt.

RA is in a deep decline though and I think it is in need of change but not neccesarily by changing the control-schemes.

ie.  RA needs more new players in order for it to continue, or else since players are getting older RA will just slowly get worse and worse until players out-grow the game.  I think RA could use features such as right-click to move as an option so the RAR members can join without too much relearning.  These changes could happen really quickly if funky so chooses but the playerbase does not show him gratitude and players ONLY SEEM TO COMPLAIN to him or incite drama.  Kinda went off topic, but ranting is good for your health :D

Don't want the #1 Q to quit, cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use standard pro hotkeys if u go too the hotkey editer change too pro hotkeys u are using same as me I don't even use custom hotkeys unlike other pros who set bottons too a better place on keyboard for them self

0 keybind used by me 

I never use key binds so my hotkeys for q & g both have there own buttons 

crush point out cheaters used keybinding use Steroid Tanking that is alt g + q

and yeah am sure there are cheaters out there

but Steroid Tanking don't need keybinds too work something players don't understand    

I think Steroid Tanking got removed because its overpowered and lack of understanding of what it is and is not 

I think most likely pros who used sgq where unable understand why they lose tank fights too ALT G & Q because they think the other player is using sgq 

most players just don't understand what was used be going on

GQ for me also still works for me too on its own its only when I try q on top of of GQ the GQ stops working 

It was used be possable both GQ and q same time most players don't know this so its very hard for them understand what is missing 

In this video here I used both gq and q the sametime i was didn't want others know it existed because if they learned how to use it too I lose my advantages over other pros I didn't go out my way hide it i didn't need too 

only 1 of many games of this day I made video of the other pros beg me video it i won ever game on this day in short time as well 

If u watch closely u be able see the tanks are getting weakned before I even q them by gq { how clear it too see am unsure }

my problem is this no longer works something others never had in the first place  

alt g + q was used be a thing too I heard it no longer works after the update too for the players who used it 

myself as many others keep it secret are ways of tanking that it existed we use something other then q or gq or sgq I didnt know others know of ALT G + Q or that it was Possable 

For me removing stuff from a game is what I don't like and its good they stopped keybinding but they removed stuff maybe they didn't know was there in the first place there is likely even more ways tank out there or at least used be before the update I talk a pros about it 

The player base is very good for me we have a lot active players good players and good friends 

I wish ph0n0n atom1 & zizou still played but there gone forever ?

yeah people do Complain too much too admins as well as report others over things that should not as big of a deal as there made out too be 

its most likely very stressful for funky & other admins 

on the gameplay side I like the tank rushs q battles and base walking v3 and tesla there my favorite ports of the game 

The problem i have is i dislike air spam attacks its a part the game I don't like that exists this a full topic of its own I make a post in detail about it  

war tank players also hate air   

for me red alert 1 is all about tanks rush and base walking that i like about the game there are other tactics too yes but air is not fun one too use or be on the other end off 

for me its the changes too the game that make it worse like how the remaster changed so much side bar the building are not where they used too be 

I want the game too never change so everthing just where I need it 

its why i never change my game res or hotkeys I know where everthing is like the back of my hand 

I don't dislike change the remaster is a good game but red alert 1 is a better game and is also free unlike the remaster 

openRA is also fun in its own way but without q existing in it again red alert 1 a better game openRA did update too often too that load old maps no longer being working some the best defense maps lost forever 

but for red alert 1 i don't want anything ever change i like the game the way it is only way make it better game is add more room host settings and make more maps for the game

maybe make silver medal a medal players can win 

anyway even if i do retire most likely i still play the older version i have many copy of the game i still try make maps for the game in my free time as well join the lobby get new maps for myself 

I been asked so many times by players make a blog about my self so i try make this happen too am lazy so stuff takes time also a tier list of pros is a plans 

and players want my video teaching others how to play come out i sure have my work cut out for me 

red alert 1 too me is like a job too me now  I have turn up too ever day I like chat in the lobby more then i like playing the game its self  

I know I ended up writing a lot more then i had plan too a long read sorry  

Edited by (13)clan-lee
not ment too be hiddon was by mistake

tiny_mario am glad the the cheaters are gone too 

am only unhappy with the way the game was patched i dont fully understand how a game patch works but i understand it at a basic level got the idea how it works 

From my understanding i don't understand why not patch the hotkey editer so players can assign 2 buttons too one key

The way the game was patched is my problem not that the game was patched  

The good 

the patch stop cheating but keeps the player base with ex cheaters who used key binds 

something had too be done about cheaters and i think in some ways the admin has done a very good job likely not listing names too shame them or ban them with ban for cheating i think a soft way of dealing with it is better for everone and the player base that loves the game the patch did stop cheaters

Before the patch there was many many styles of tanking out there no longer this point stands sadly

there was 2 types of  alt g q without key binds & sadly cheater version with key binds 

The bad 

Sadly no one talk too me about the topic in 2021 before the patch 

By the time i find out the game was patched and i only dislike the patch because it removed my q + gq that no longer work together 

The patch has removed gq + q same time too understand what this is is holding down 2 buttons on my keyboard g + q  letting go of g then we holding on but also fire on tanks like you do by aim click on tank then guard 

denying that it was possable too do this without binding hotkeys has made any debate frustrating

gq + q same time did exist 

alt g & q did also exist 

other combos of the buttons also my have existed

Blitz did testing him self am sure with others pro I don't know what there finding are 

Ok lets move on next point

but i can see how something as complex too do like alt g & q without using key binds be very hard too do by mistake 

I did testing for hours myself on old version of the game find out why alt is good 

also i learn alt g & q i need practice too get better at it tanks fire and strange but good way its a lot like gq but with its own traits 

alt g & q is another style of tanking how strong it can get is debate of its own but it does exist 

without using cheats maybe it can get nearly as strong i don't know so i can't answer this question

what i do know crush way of doing it proves using key binds its very strong cheater way [keybinds}

I have done many tests of my own learn as much as i can as a third party here i can say it does qg & q does exist so does exist out side of key binding 

but without cheats its very hard too understand the timing complex hotkeys and what buttons too press when

learned how too alt g & q in old version of red alert 1 i need a lot of practice at it get it as strong as my q  

alt g + q has gotton a bad name for its self because it is nick named by crush Steroid Tanking its a cool name but don't help people understand it 

sadly 95% of players who used it learn it the cheating way only and so people think its only for cheating that on worsen the topic for the very few who did in fact use it without cheats 

i don't know the numbers for sure it might be 97% cheaters or real players or maybe 90% cheaters 10% real players 

I just don't know This is a pure estimate

I Strongly disagree both Ford & NDiaz  

They both don't fully understand alt g q is and that it was removed there was 2 types a cheating used by most and a way use without cheats used by a few

I wish at least they not deny that it exists or used too without key binds before the update and patch made 

Clearly they don't take my word for what am saying that is a real shame 

Am a red alert 1 couch do lesson free ask for 0 money in return 

i never teach players too use cheats of any kind or use cheats for myself 

Off topic a little What you said about the game it help me feel better ford thanks    i don't share all the same problems as u with the game 

I agree the game has gotten worse for me mostly for me because of air spam and the update patch 

I disagree with the solution if change is what you have in mind 

Unlike any other rts game red alert 1 can't follow there foot steps 

red alert 1 is very unique as well as its player base is very special everone knows each other 

the play style is also unique very high level at the pro level 

red alert 1 is the asymmetrical in gameplay unlike any other rts game all the rules in making game design go out the windows for red alert 1

Game Balance has no place in red alert 1 it can't exist with a player base that want the game too be this way 

change for red alert 1 will aways been seen as bad

In red alert 1 most the time u have fight fire with fire 

Myself i never want this game too change.

The game is good because it's a clearly broken game its one of the great paradoxs out there red alert 1 works this way loved so much as a game and for all its unfairness clear lack of Balance of any kind but its turns out this has made a great game 

At the pro level red alert 1 is a very fun game and mastering it is fun too 

red alert 1 has a bigger player base then command & conquer or tiberian sun or dune 2000 

The remaster may have more players but red alert 1 has all the out school pros hardcore players and higher quality of players

{ the remaster is a good game but its not worth 20 pound for a free game if the price was 5 pound like ford said in past should cost my point still stand but at least that way it not be a rip off  )

openRA got less players then us also its in need of a better lobby the game tried too Balance but it was not pretty does have some good maps that no longer work too because of updates { but its still a good game }

my point is understand the player base we have this game is a very special gem in many ways new players do join and get into the game just not in huge numbers 

just we got understand old school players are the main player base there here too stay 

Anyways huge thanks too funky for making the game the game it is today we have a great chat lobby in the game we all share 

we not even be able play online together if it was not for funky 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Still upset over this problem 

People are so dead set on squeezing bugs that when cool things like alternative too the q or gq or sgq 

anything find is patched out of the game so it no longer works 

gq its self was not planed and only exist because of game bug if am not mistaken but people keep it

So too draw the line after gq and sgq then say any new findings using either don't exist is a bug in the game too patch or they are just cheaters is wrong 

As i have said before if done with manual method q gq sgq even alt q & gq and possibility some other versions of tanking most likely did exist

As too how powerful they are is unknown too me when using  manual method is 

maybe alt q & gq was overpowered if so that's it's own debate 

without using cheats maybe it was weak idk 

But the point am making is using keybinding using the button editor was cheating but not everyone used keybinding and changed ever key in the key editor in ra1 in order too use nick named steroid tanking that is just some using the q gq & alt 

I wanted the game red alert 1 too have many style of tanking and button combos but as the game as gone the other way around 

i just can't enjoy the new versions of this game after the patch 

tanks are too limited in tanking styles for me and it makes tanks less versatile & fun

why make the tanks so simple and boring

Basically i don't like games getting updates that change or remove stuff for the worse updates are always bad

i like too learn and master stuff and know it will be the same forever or at least in ra1 that's what i want