Newbie looking for help

peekay

Question

Hi all, just started playing Command and Conquer and Red ALert 1 after a long break !! I have untill now just been playing the standard missions but have come across some videos with multiplayer and sinlge player skirmishes etc. Would some one be able to point me in the right directions a s to how i get hold of these maps/missions> is it as simple as a download? Currently i am playing via steam (or at least i think i am as that is where i downloaded the game), does this matter with regard to downloading new missions. I did originally try to download the game directly but my computer didnt like it and tried all fixes but to no avail. Via steam it worked straight away.

Thanks in advance

1 answer to this question

Can't help with regard to RA1 however Id imagine its as easy as RA2. Maps/Missions can be found in the forums or on various fan sites ect. Then you simply download them, place them in your game folder and launch the game as normal. The Missions generally take the file name of the official (vanilla), missions so its a case of selecting a new campaign and it plays the new mission, rather than the official one. The maps can be found in your skirmish list for playing other players or Ai teams.  When done, remove the file you added and it restores the game.