RA2 Cutscenes Won't Play

Curly_Cur

Question

Hi guys. I've recently downloaded Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge from Old Games Download. Everything is working brilliantly except the cutscenes. None of them seem to play. I get no error message and the campaign mission simply move on to the next one. When I try to play them directly from the cutscenes menu, the only thing that happens is a slightly flicker of the screen.

Does anyone know what might be happening if there is a way to fix this? Below are a few things I've tried already. If need be, I can share files and links.

• Replaced the video segment of the Ra2.ini file with that from the RA2MD.ini file. 
  • Checked for the .mix files. I've found two called MOVIES01.mix and MOVIES02.mix. Might be missing something. 
  • Running in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Server Pack 2).

Thanks in advance to any fine fellow who can help!

1 answer to this question

On 10/1/2022 at 10:06 PM, Curly_Cur said:

Hi guys. I've recently downloaded Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge from Old Games Download. Everything is working brilliantly except the cutscenes. None of them seem to play. I get no error message and the campaign mission simply move on to the next one. When I try to play them directly from the cutscenes menu, the only thing that happens is a slightly flicker of the screen.

Does anyone know what might be happening if there is a way to fix this? Below are a few things I've tried already. If need be, I can share files and links.

• Replaced the video segment of the Ra2.ini file with that from the RA2MD.ini file. 
  • Checked for the .mix files. I've found two called MOVIES01.mix and MOVIES02.mix. Might be missing something. 
  • Running in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Server Pack 2).

Thanks in advance to any fine fellow who can help!

Hi - Unfortunately can't help you as its been downloaded for free/illegally from that site, the place to purchase RA2 + YR is detailed on this page here. https://cncnet.org/buy

The game isn't actually freeware. :(