CnCNet 5 suggestions

Iran

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a feature in which only the host can change the game speed. It is not so nice to have each player change the game speed ingame all the time :(

I just added that feature

(only for Red Alert 1)

ive had newbs in tiberian sun a few times think it was a good idea to slow down the gamespeed which made me immediately quit. tiberian sun is never too fast. theres just something wrong with newbs to make them do that. usually people only change gamespeed to piss off other players or cause a sync error but theres a handful of newbs who like to touch it as well

I'd like to see a feature in which only the host can change the game speed. It is not so nice to have each player change the game speed ingame all the time :(

I just added that feature

(only for Red Alert 1)

ive had newbs in tiberian sun a few times think it was a good idea to slow down the gamespeed which made me immediately quit. tiberian sun is never too fast. theres just something wrong with newbs to make them do that. usually people only change gamespeed to piss off other players or cause a sync error but theres a handful of newbs who like to touch it as well

didnt knew ts got the same problem, might look into it the next days

• 2 weeks later...

If a host of a game in the lobby is idle for 5 minutes ie no change to settings or chat, the game should be cancelled. Too many people open up a game and then leave it hanging around.

Maybe do annoying sounds when someone connects and you do not aswer?

I agree. Afk hosting (I'm going to create the term if nobody else has) is one of the most annoying things around. You often get lobbies full up with people waiting for a non-existent host to start the game, then everyone gets pissed off and leaves.

That would mean games would be canceled when people don't join for 5 minutes it'd have to detect if you've been moving your mouse or not.

I sometimes like to create a C&C95 game and leave it in the background and do other shit while I wait for someone to join.

Maybe just a status or something would be better?

Funky, why don't you implement auto-detection of other programs on the network before you start using the internet. You can provide a selection for the first detected client to switch over.

I suggest the removal of the auto crush option from TD. It's flawed and worse, it disrupts the game when noobs insist on turning it on. It is not infact auto crush but a return fire option, which gives your units some (very low) AI. Instead of carrying out your orders units will return fire or try to run over things that attack them. The result is you cannot effectively concentrate fire on any target because any enemy unit will draw your fire away. Instead of focusing on an obelisk f. ex. your tanks will fire at the random infantry around it. Instead of killing the CY your apaches will be dealing with bazooka men one by one or they'll decide it's a better idea to kill that SAM site. And the most annoying - harvesters will try to crush bikes. So yeah, get rid of that. I can kinda deal with the buggy MCV undeploy, which doesn't let you sell your CY when you need to... But auto crush has got to go.

I would remove both auto crush and repacking to MCV.

I experienced a glitch when playing a game vs Kane when he repacked his CY where it repacked into a MCV with no health so you couldn't kill it.

He was using it as a decoy and thought he won but he abused a glitch that should have never happened with legit non hidden hacked settings.

Cancer I say.

on a similar note yesterday I found a strange bug where I had my first cy blown up, and then after I took another one from somewhere else all the building icons were greyed out and I couldn't build anything, which was infuriating as it almost cost me the game.