Ladder progress?

Punkernfg

Hello Devs,

What about a main lobby user filter or separate lobby for different games? So we can see who and how many ts players online or ra1 or any other games supported by cncnet5 for that matter.

This will improve activity and keep peeps from goin afk since its hard to look thru that massive user list to see if peeps online.

Also can a option be added for custom time limit to set for Auto-Away feature, so lets say if you set 40 minutes then client will show you autoaway after 40 mins and not at the current preset time.

Thanks

You will have to wait until the new cncnet lobby is done, it is not worth it to do bigger updates to the current one anymore cause it would get replaced soon :)

Auto away can be turned off via the settings if you dislike this feature, custom time frame is currently not possible

Is there anyway to add a feature for chat in game to 'team chat'. Instead of hitting f8 to talk to everyone, f9 or w/e could be used for ALL your allies. Makes it easier if you want to tell a team mate something without the enemy seeing it, and not finding them through f1-f7

Interesting. How soon are we talking here? big suprise for weekend? :P

i dont know, other people are working on it and i dont know how near it is

Is there anyway to add a feature for chat in game to 'team chat'. Instead of hitting f8 to talk to everyone, f9 or w/e could be used for ALL your allies. Makes it easier if you want to tell a team mate something without the enemy seeing it, and not finding them through f1-f7

people have asked a couple times about it, i like the idea a lot :) Just gotta find someone to code it :D

• 2 months later...

FunkyFr3sh, that ladder looks great. I see it's all static HTML at the moment but very nice to at least see a visual representation of what the ladder will look like.

Is it possible to tell us if the ladder is an anticipated 2015 production project? And if so, could you give us a vague idea of which quarter this year you plan to release to production if coding continues as planned?

Is it possible to tell us if the ladder is an anticipated 2015 production project? And if so, could you give us a vague idea of which quarter this year you plan to release to production if coding continues as planned?

While there's no set quarter timeline at the moment - Grant, Funky and myself are working diligently on getting it up and running (by 2015) :)

We've actually gained some major traction this past week in getting the ladder server online and properly accepting game results. There's still a lot of work to be done in calculating points etc. but, we're getting really close!

While there's no set quarter timeline at the moment - Grant, Funky and myself are working diligently on getting it up and running (by 2015) :)

We've actually gained some major traction this past week in getting the ladder server online and properly accepting game results. There's still a lot of work to be done in calculating points etc. but, we're getting really close!

Who is the website developer / designer on the team? While the website design could be considered somewhat minimal, it does a great job at what it needs to do and looks very nice too!

this is fantastic news

Who is the website developer / designer on the team? While the website design could be considered somewhat minimal, it does a great job at what it needs to do and looks very nice too!

Grant is the mastermind behind the leaderboard design :)

Grant is the mastermind behind the leaderboard design :)

Will the clan ladder have wash(es)?

Also it be nice to have something like this for CncNet:(not just for the ladder)

http://xwis.net/ts/online

and

http://xwis.net/ts/games/ (with stats obv)

Will the clan ladder have wash(es)?

Baby steps. AFAIK, CnCNet doesn't even really have clan support yet ;)

Also it be nice to have something like this for CncNet:(not just for the ladder)

and

I'm sure there will be a (played) match list, or at least something similar but, the "currently online" page is well outside the scope of the ladder. Besides, (while it could certainly be done) I think there's some technical inefficiencies involved to display an online player and game list for CnCNet.

and

I'm sure there will be a (played) match list, or at least something similar but, the "currently online" page is well outside the scope of the ladder. Besides, (while it could certainly be done) I think there's some technical inefficiencies involved to display an online player and game list for CnCNet.

Neo, do this one quick please  :laugh:

Good to know! I wasn't aware about the recent changes or realize there was already a stats bot. We can easily coordinate the data consumption as the ladder server also provides a fairly simple API :)

Also, is there a way to specify clan games within the client - and does the game data reflect that selection? (Forgive me as I haven't looked in a while)