TS players feedback after one year of TS support

Iran

I added filter options now, you can now finally remove all the unwanted ra players from the list via the settings :D Should be much easier to find the TS players you are looking for

there is also a friendlist now, it doesnt do much besides filtering users.

add friends with "/friends add yuz|MAN|" remove with "/friends remove yuz|MAN|" check "Hide all except friends" in settings. now u'll only see who you want in the lobby list.

fantastic job yet again

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would it be possible to change the ban button (the red X in game channel) to kick, and the kick command (/kick) to ban. I think this would be more efficient

yes please, or both buttons?

zzzzzzz

you sleepers watch out! lol 

i doubt kick would be used often, usually people hit the ban cause they wanna get rid of someone :) i dont see any use of the kick function tbh, you should only use the buttons if you want to start the game badly but someone doesnt ready up, kicking just for fun without having the intention to start the game is weird :D

i doubt kick would be used often, usually people hit the ban cause they wanna get rid of someone :) i dont see any use of the kick function tbh, you should only use the buttons if you want to start the game badly but someone doesnt ready up, kicking just for fun without having the intention to start the game is weird :D

Funky I think you or Iran gave me this reasoning before, as I said before kick is better needed. Not just for afks or fun. Lets say you kick someone to make room for a buddy but then ur buddy doesnt enter or goes afk etc; so the person who was kicked can come back in. It be nice to have kick button jic.

Anyways its all nice that we make requests and you guys oblige pretty timely :P Thanks!

we are trying to let you know that we do kick, and more than we ban

and if the one button kicked instead of banning it would be more useful to us.

In my 15 years of playing ts i have seen way, way, way more kicks than bans

most often bc someone doesn't ready up so room is made for whoever is ready first, and we start, more quickly, that way

often the one kicked comes back first  no bad feelings they know why

kick amokk to wake << host??  he  zzzz 

Please understand it's what we do and how we have done it for years

we ask so its easier to do what we most often do, more easily

whats usual for us is not what is usual for you...in this case, it seems

those asking i have played with for a long time

none of them are jerks about kicking and banning,

we use it in an appropriate non offensive way

in a useful way. We use it. we really do. we do.

we are trying to let you know that we do kick, and more than we ban

and if the one button kicked instead of banning it would be more useful to us.

In my 15 years of playing ts i have seen way, way, way more kicks than bans

most often bc someone doesn't ready up so room is made for whoever is ready first, and we start, more quickly, that way

often the one kicked comes back first  no bad feelings they know why

kick amokk to wake << host??  he  zzzz 

Please understand it's what we do and how we have done it for years

we ask so its easier to do what we most often do, more easily

whats usual for us is not what is usual for you...in this case, it seems

those asking i have played with for a long time

none of them are jerks about kicking and banning,

we use it in an appropriate non offensive way

in a useful way. We use it. we really do. we do.

+1, although I'm still new here, my first day back playing I made a room and banned someone thinking it was a kick button, and didn't realize it, and my intent was to just kick him out to either let him come back in and accept or have someone else come in fill the spot. the player did kindly inform me that /kick works but I just assumed there was a button for it which would have been easier and saved remaking a game.

• 2 months later...

The game probably has an automatic surrender feature (that's what i heard, not sure if it's true), if that's the case then it should be possible to enable it with a tiny change

What happened on WOL when a player was pressing abort? What happened when a player was losing the connection?

Guest Mechacaseal

If they abort mission the ai takes over playing for them same if they disconnect. The ai will only surrender if it has no way of building ie ran out of money or ran out of production structures it will sell off the rest of its base and rush you but if short game is on it will obviously make the ai surrender and explode due to lack of structures. i talk a lot of shit in my youtube videos at end of the match if they just leave but i dont really care lol.

Guest Mechacaseal

I just looked through the code, if the game is in WOL mode and it is a tournament game then a surrender dialog shows up when you press abort

Gonna turn that on for cncnet now, will update it today

Ya glad to see that back.

I just looked through the code, if the game is in WOL mode and it is a tournament game then a surrender dialog shows up when you press abort

Gonna turn that on for cncnet now, will update it today

the support here is absolutely incredible. Great job funky

• 2 weeks later...

There are 3 current glitches right now that cause some problems during gameplay. I was wondering if these are possible to fix

1) JumpJet glitch - when you build a jj, sometimes your barracks will glitch afterwards and the infantry you train will not come out of the barracks. There are some things that can be done to fix it such as turning your barracks off and on and alting your barracks to a new locations; however, these sometimes don't work and sometimes you need to purchase a new barracks

2) Air glitch - when an opponent is trying to land a carrycall, one can use their air units and click underneathe where the carryall is landing and it will prevent the carryall from landing indefinitely if continued. How is this an advantage? You can continuously click where the carryall is going to land until your samsites or other defences kill the carryall or make it land in an area beneficial towards your defence. This glitch has been found by the TS community to be unacceptable and a 'cheat'; sometimes it is done by accident; however, this glitch is probably the worst in TS

3) MK glitch - this one is not such a big deal; however sometimes it can be frustrating. When an MK is coming off of a service depot and you direct it to move somewhere else or attack something, it will blow up. To prevent this, you need to let the MK come off of the depot by itself before directing its actions.

Hi, I just came back to a laptop, Went on Xwis it was empty so came on cncnet and seen alot of TS players there, I must say WOW i am very impressed with what i have seen so far, Keep it up.

Just a question I have clicked on the TS tab to show TS players icon but can I just remove the players that plays RA2/Yuri etc etc just to show only  TS players to reduce the list of names. Thanks

Really Really Really goodwork by whoever is doing this, I will get to know who eventually but whoever did this, Very impressed from a FS Legend!!! great to see alot of players playing!

As far I can see that cncnet runs on donations, Maybe I ask how much a month? and what else does the money pays? I might be able to help out :)

There are 3 current glitches right now that cause some problems during gameplay. I was wondering if these are possible to fix

1) JumpJet glitch - when you build a jj, sometimes your barracks will glitch afterwards and the infantry you train will not come out of the barracks. There are some things that can be done to fix it such as turning your barracks off and on and alting your barracks to a new locations; however, these sometimes don't work and sometimes you need to purchase a new barracks

2) Air glitch - when an opponent is trying to land a carrycall, one can use their air units and click underneathe where the carryall is landing and it will prevent the carryall from landing indefinitely if continued. How is this an advantage? You can continuously click where the carryall is going to land until your samsites or other defences kill the carryall or make it land in an area beneficial towards your defence. This glitch has been found by the TS community to be unacceptable and a 'cheat'; sometimes it is done by accident; however, this glitch is probably the worst in TS

3) MK glitch - this one is not such a big deal; however sometimes it can be frustrating. When an MK is coming off of a service depot and you direct it to move somewhere else or attack something, it will blow up. To prevent this, you need to let the MK come off of the depot by itself before directing its actions.

1) JumpJet glitch

Someone told me about this some time ago, i tried to reproduce it but it didn't happen for me

Hi, I just came back to a laptop, Went on Xwis it was empty so came on cncnet and seen alot of TS players there, I must say WOW i am very impressed with what i have seen so far, Keep it up.

Just a question I have clicked on the TS tab to show TS players icon but can I just remove the players that plays RA2/Yuri etc etc just to show only  TS players to reduce the list of names. Thanks

Really Really Really goodwork by whoever is doing this, I will get to know who eventually but whoever did this, Very impressed from a FS Legend!!! great to see alot of players playing!

As far I can see that cncnet runs on donations, Maybe I ask how much a month? and what else does the money pays? I might be able to help out :)

By default all players are shown in the list, if you like to hide ra/td/d2k/chat users then you gotta click on the icons of these games to hide them and you should only have the TS players left

The donations are mainly used to pay for the servers, people can also host their own servers to support us instead of making a donation :)

1) JumpJet glitch

Someone told me about this some time ago, i tried to reproduce it but it didn't happen for me

I'm not sure as to why it happens, so I can't give any specifics as to how to reproduce it, a lot of TS players 'alt' their barracks around the map so their infantry are trained and instantly start scouting, this may be one reason it glitches. Is it possible to fix though?

• 3 weeks later...

You guys keep amazing me on how TS is getting better everyday! The rate of new players coming in, is getting higher and higher.

Ranking,quick match, clans, map generator..  everything that could be added will attract more and more people.

This is why I started making tutorials on creating and modding tiberian sun maps, missions and compstomps. I will make a youtube channel for it and I'm thinking about a website.Because - As a map maker -, I see more people making their own maps, and I love it! Also I tested out making Boats and a bay, it simply works very well. It adds a new element to it!! and with the right amount of testing I will make the right costs and strengths of the new units. The only problem is I that I have to replace it with an excisting factory, in this case War Factory. SO, - or i delete warfactory -  -or people gotta know to Primary Select the right building. Its no fun if vehicles appear in water, and boats on land :P So just maybe, and i know I'm asking alot here: Is it possible to add a Vessel type in the game? A factory can already be set as a Vesseltype, (I don't know why, prolly cuz of the old missions or something), but sadly there are only 4 types:  Infantry, Vehicles, Aircrafts & Buildings. Don't worry about it if its too much too much asked, because personally i believe it will attract ALOT of people if theres a new element to it! 

• 2 months later...