C&C95 Multiplayer Wish List

AchromicWhite

One time I got a stealth APC like that... it was pretty OP, lol.

And that's not true, there was one game where I tried to just engi one of your refs and while I as microing there, you moved in on my tanks. You took a good engagement and I never fully recovered.

The game went on for some time after that, but eventually you took it. You played well.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah crates should always be off they are for scrubs gotta hate it when you kill someones base and they get another MCV. :dry: It just happened pretty much when I played Stein in his little FFA mammoth tank spam fest game he plays 24/7. :dry:

Maybe we could make it so that if you have money and you get a crate and no CY you don't get a MCV so often?

Well if you call it 'magic', then Bittah Commander has abracadabra-ed the hell out of TS! Imo, if it looks like a Mammoth, moves like a Mammoth, sounds like a Mammoth, blows up stuff like a Mammoth... IT'S C&C1!!!

But does it really? TS has a problem that by default, all its tank projectiles are insta-hit, which changes a whole lot in the balance. I haven't checked out DTA lately, but as far as I remember, the only way around this was to make them ballistic, which makes them fly over walls.

In vanilla TS the only tank projectile that's insta-hit is the Titan's: all other tank projectiles are visible and hit the target when the projectile visibly reaches the target.

An actual difference of tank projectiles in vanilla TS to mention is that they always fly in a small (or large) arch, but this is not the case in DTA: in DTA tank projectiles fly perfectly straight (just like in TD) and with exception of the artillery, they also can't fly over concrete walls.

I don't get why 6 player stuff hasn't been fixed as it doesn't even need an exe hack anymore as we figured out the correct option to use in conquer.ini. You just need Players=6 under [Options] IIRC, just need the client to take that into account.

I wish there was a mod of Tiberian Dawn that:

• was so close to the original that it only needed a few tweaks for it to feel exactly like the original
  • had a forum where we could post our suggestions and tell the modders exactly what needed to be tweaked
  • had AI that could build a base
  • had ginormous maps
  • had a 'Classic' mode for an old skool style of play
  • had an 'Enhanced' mode to spice things up a little
  • had options like 'Extreme AI', 'Turtling AI'
  • allowed for 8 players
  • worked on cncnet

...stuff like that. But oh well, maybe one day.

Frown.gif

I don't get why 6 player stuff hasn't been fixed as it doesn't even need an exe hack anymore as we figured out the correct option to use in conquer.ini. You just need Players=6 under [Options] IIRC, just need the client to take that into account.

There is no such key under [Options]

What we are doing currently is the following:

Client is passing "MaxPlayers" to the game which contains the amount of players in the game

The game copies then MaxPlayers value to nWOL_MaxPlayers and int_LANPlayers_global

That's because I moved it to rules.ini, and then made it an automatic integrated part of the game based on the available waypoints on a map. But yes, originally, it was just an option you could add in conquer.ini :dry:

That's because I moved it to rules.ini, and then made it an automatic integrated part of the game based on the available waypoints on a map. But yes, originally, it was just an option you could add in conquer.ini :dry:

this one? LANPlayers=6 ?

So can we have 6 players now? xD

Nope, except someone is going to find the problem and fixes it

There are two things I really miss from RA that I'd love in C&C 95, whether single or multiplayer.

First, of course, is the 128x128 map size. I know Tiberian Dawn is probably hardcoded to 64x64 or something but it just feels so damn small. :( Especially when trying to make epic singleplayer missions, finding that the two opposing bases are pretty much in eyesight of each other even with the map as big as I can make it. I know C&C Sole Survivor has 128x128 maps, since that's the same engine, could that code be spliced into the Tiberian Dawn .exe?

Second is barrels. I loved blowing those suckers up and setting off a chain reaction.

this one? LANPlayers=6 ?

Yes, that one. It's originally one of the hidden options in conquer.ini, together with such things as mcv undeploy, enabling the .var remixes, disabling bibs, 3-point turning logic for wheeled vehicles, etc.

See also,

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/8610-cc-td-95gold-special-options/

and

http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=16803

3-point turning logic for wheeled vehicles, now THERE'S something that we need... LOL xD

When I complained to funky about the broken "advanced AI" special setting, and he said he'd like to just replace it with something and asked me which he should replace it with; I was SO tempted to tell Funky to replace it with 3-point turning logic for wheeled vehicles, just for the comedy factor... but I knew it'd just eventually piss me off. So I picked the one that pisses me off the least, separate helipads, haha.