DTA client not responding

Cherry

Question

7 answers to this question

Hmm idk i have downloaded the cnc from here https://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge#download

and after download and installation i can't open the client :S idk what is this DTA

BTW: I have downloaded it and installed on my laptop windows 8.1 pro and it works fine and now on my PC windows 7 ultimate it won't open and makes no response as in the SS

Edited by Cherry

Huh, the YR client indeed briefly opens a window called "DTA client" before it launches. I guess something must be going wrong at that stage, with you.

But what's up with that, guys? Remove the DTA stuff from the YR client, lol.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nyerguds said:

But what's up with that, guys? Remove the DTA stuff from the YR client, lol.

The client is flexible enough so that the YR client has been compiled from mostly the same code as DTA's client. DTA, TI and MO's clients all share the exact same source code; YR only has small modifications on that same codebase.

Now, when opening the window, it takes the initial window title from the application's internal name, which happens to be "DTA Client" because DTA is my primary project. And creating the window is handled by a 3rd party library (MonoGame / XNA), so I can't change the initial window title. The client will change the window's title to match the game once it has initialized itself though.

Edited by Rampastring

On 2017-5-24 at 3:44 PM, Rampastring said:

And creating the window is handled by a 3rd party library (MonoGame / XNA), so I can't change the initial window title.

Bull. Just give it as constructor/init parameters, or leave it blank before it's initialized. The base should be called "CnCNet client" anyway :P