Known issues - tracker

Grant

• 3 months later...

Hello there :)

I've not seen/found it mentioned anywhere, but when playing a skirmish game the flags at the top right do not save next time you restart the client. That's everything in the section from Short Game to Starting Units.

Everything else about the skirmish saves fine. (Map, and the participants difficulty/side/colour/team/start.)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to apologize if i write in the wrong section, but i didn't find a better category to post in.

I have some issues with Red Alert2 with the current update.

I will attach the error taken from my Client folder (as I see there is saving the crash log)

Please fix this issue so I can play again with my husband.

ClientCrashLog_23_4_2020_19_17.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, HamsterWaffle said:

I have an issue where when you try to exit the game, press escape, minimize, anything like that, the game will freeze (Sound will not freeze) and I cant do anything apart from close it in task manager.

Go to Options->Display and set Renderer to ts-ddraw or cnc-ddraw.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, placebo said:

Using DxWind renderer, when I launch a game, iclient.logt just brings me back to the map menu (logs included).  I was also wondering about the .wav files missing.

Thanks!

another_client.log 3.31 kB · 1 download

The missing wav files are not a problem. You should open the Settings menu and set the Renderer to either ts-ddraw, cnc-ddraw, or ddrawcompat.

12 hours ago, dkeeton said:

The missing wav files are not a problem. You should open the Settings menu and set the Renderer to either ts-ddraw, cnc-ddraw, or ddrawcompat.

Thanks much.  I wasn't sure if this was an anomaly since I have two (intel) laptops working with DxWind renderer in windows 10, but not anymore on my desktop.  Thanks again.

• 4 months later...

Others might think I'm going out on a limb a bit bringing this up but at the same time, I'm not sure where else to address the matter. Over the last few years, let's face the fact that there's been this ongoing influx of players who typically have lower-quality connections. As a regular ToE player and someone who hosts often, I would like to suggest something that players of all other maps could find very beneficial. Over the last year or so, a lot of recently made custom ToE maps feature numerous frame and animation deletes. As such, we've found that it's helped tremendously in cutting down on lag and on top of that, recon errors have become a thing of the past. The problem however, it's an excruciating task to code because it involves going in, unit by unit, structure by structure when making a new ToE map and removing all the detrimental animations that contribute to the slowdowns. Is there any way to add a feature in game lobbies--perhaps with a slash command, that allows hosts to essentially cut down or eliminate unnecessary animations in order to improve the overall experience for everyone?

• burg93 unpinned this topic