Known issues - tracker

Grant

@Grant since the latest patch, 8 player games are very broken.  Whoever is the 8th player (& sometimes the 7th), can't see any players in the lobby apart from the host, who appears as "Hard AI".  The game will refuse to load when this happens.

There's a load of us on now if you would like to test.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.11.2017 at 2:51 AM, FazeXWIS said:

Every time I join a game in the lobby that have certain settings set by the host, if I leave and host my own game, those settings is automatically my settings also...

I know it is just a few checkboxes, but I have to correct them every time, pretty annoying if you forget to turn off crates etc. :dry:

• 5 weeks later...

I'm playin a lot of skirmish matches against AI and it hurts that "Game Speed" always resets to "Fastest" which is unplayable. It should be remembered and 60fps should be default. Other options like crates are also reset after restarting the cncnet client. Don't know if online mode is affected. 

I would like to help on development to make the client better. I.e. those options to be saved etc.

Edited by weyoun_9th

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed an issue...

We play TOE a lot and noticed most of the time when you build a barracks and later sell it, one square on the map under where the barracks was becomes corrupt and it becomes a dead spot on the map (when you try to build on that spot, it shows up as a red square, blocking you).  Haven't noticed any other structures causing this, only barracks.  Any idea how to fix this or is it just an unfixable glitch?

EDIT:  We have confirmed in only happens with Barracks and it only happens with the very first barracks you build.  Any additional barracks don't glitch the map.  Any ideas or fixes?

Edited by c0creat0r

Land rush unit start gives tanks/infantry supposed to be dogs.

Snow Valley map errors every time.

Sometimes while games are loading a player will not have thier colour on the minimap preview, even though they load fine, when this happens said player will have a black screen upon game start and no mcv.

Also if you join a game then afterwards make a game your in game settings change to match whatever the last host you joined had set. Pretty annoying when you dont notice it. 

Standard tunnel server for EU seems to give most players unknown ping. Then only the host loads.

Allied miner vs brute bug could use a patch.

Edited by ZiGZaG

On 25/12/2017 at 3:31 AM, ZiGZaG said:

Land rush unit start gives tanks/infantry supposed to be dogs.

Snow Valley map errors every time.

@tomsons26 can you look into this Land rush unit start bug please?

Also if you join a game then afterwards make a game your in game settings change to match whatever the last host you joined had set. Pretty annoying when you dont notice it. 

I Agree - this is annoying and should be a setting off by default IMO.  @Rampastring is that an easy win to make configurable.

Standard tunnel server for EU seems to give most players unknown ping. Then only the host loads.

Thank you very much. This has been a head scratcher for a while, wasn't sure if it was a client bug or bad tunnel.  I tested it, and doesn't load players. I've now turned that tunnel offline.

Allied miner vs brute bug could use a patch.

Could you explain? Also check native non CnCNet YR if something doesn't seem right to compare against. 

On 25/12/2017 at 3:31 AM, ZiGZaG said:

Sometimes while games are loading a player will not have thier colour on the minimap preview, even though they load fine, when this happens said player will have a black screen upon game start and no mcv.

This happened 4 times in a row in a game we just played.  It happens when people have the random colour selected.

cncnetwrongcolour.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

If the process was automated it would be nice. :)

Also me and ZigZag confirmed that the invisible MCV exploit is still unpatched.

Aswell as brute vs miner bug

Legionare vs oil

Long range v3 

Selling air units..

The list goes on!

I'm 100% sure I wrote a patch for the invisible MCV exploit. Might mean it is not enabled or the exploit still works.

Can you guys make a list of ingame bugs/exploits and also changes between ra2 and yr? Yesterday dkeeton added a code patch to fix war factory unit select and building select for ra2mode so it should work like ra2. I'm not sure if that patch is applied to the CnCNet game exe yet (probably not).

Edited by Iran

On 12/30/2017 at 11:09 PM, ZiGZaG said:

Also engineers can no longer remove ivan bombs from structures/units.

In case this is still an issue, this might be related to the code in  multi-engineer_enhancements.asm, needs to be tested with that code patch disabled.

• 1 month later...

Whenever there's more than one enemy airborne unit that comes within range of any anti-air unit or structure, they'll engage like normal but after it's killed, there's always a heavy delay when they start firing upon the next airborne units. The best example is a group of enemy rockies situated within range of flack tracks. Once they shoot down the first rocky, they'll become inactive for what seems like an eternity before beginning to engage another rocky... that is, unless you start targeting but that can prove very problematic in many different scenarios. I've found that it isn't limited to any particular unit or anti-air structure but happens very frequently in ground-to-air, air-to-air and naval-to-air engagements. However, when it comes to an airborne unit engaging an enemy ground or naval unit, this doesn't happen, along with all the other possibilities.

Edited by PrezSpammer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 31/03/2018 at 3:32 PM, FReQuEnZy said:

@Grant @dkeeton

After each of the last 2 updates v3.90 & v3.92, when logging into the lobby, the client shows a dialogue to notify that there's an update available and if I want to download it.
This appears immediately after updating, so it can be a bit confusing to users.

This problem is still present in the latest version, I've encountered another player who gets the same notification.

• burg93 unpinned this topic