Armageddon V is here

ROB

The new Red Alert mod Armageddon V has finally arrived.  Its been sitting on my computer for a year untouched. If I was still working on something a year ago, I have forgot what it would have been. I fired it up, played several games over several days, and everything seems to be in order.

Things to note:

Standalone. Nothing to install. Unzip and use ra95.exe

There is no new title screen

Make sure Use Small Infantry is NOT checked in game settings

Features select music from TD and TS

Includes the new terrain theatres

There is 1 new GDI mission available from start new game

There are several incomplete/planned missions still in the folder

I remember mission 2 being complete but its now missing

Includes a version of RAED that works with the mod for creating missions

There are several mega maps at the bottom of the list using new terrain theatres.

There is a story in the readme folder, intended to be followed through with the missions

I made a youtube channel with some short video clips to check out before you download, but they have no sound...So imbed code doest work. :dry: you can click the link then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk-tRMjw6YA&list=PLqh4G_tBnFKmKrq7C0HBQl00K2mIqG06e

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmnz8s8blt66m39/Armageddon V - Beta Standalone.zip?dl=0

Let me know if you have problems downloading from my dropbox account.

I dont know if I'll work on this any further. Maybe. Maybe not.

I think this would work with cncnet somehow, but I know the version in the folder is old. Have not tested.

Old related mod thread here:

https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/5527-armageddon-v-the-aftermath/#comment-45759

Acknowledgements and such:

Allen262 was a big help answering questions and I used some of the C&C GFX from Red Dawn.

Tschokky who I think made the new terrains used in the mod

Iran for hacking ra95.exe and opening new modding features

White made a lot of the infantry GFX

OpenRA and mods for some other miscellaneousness GFX

Edited by ROB
  • Upvote 1

I downloaded it and played. Looks very nice and especially Mammoth Tank was great!

However, my Windows Defender SmartScan alerted me and also AVG Anti-Virus when i tried to play...

Edited by Salvation
added when i tried to play this mod

Thanks for checking out the mod! I was also pleased with the mammoth tank result. Wait, that's the wrong Mammoth Tank! That's not supposed to be there. I'll have to fix that if there is an update.

So were you able to play or did Windows not let it run?

I made this on a Linux computer so I'm not sure what Windows and its software thinks of it. However, I did fire up my old Win7 computer, Downloaded this, and gave it a try. I didn't run in to any issues like that. It's probably because ra95.exe is modified but not sure. I can assure you there are no viruses attached.

I did notice the colours scheme was off because I disabled DDraw so you may need to re-enable that on Windows if the colours are off.

Edited by ROB

On 9.9.2017 at 5:05 PM, ROB said:

Thanks for checking out the mod! I was also pleased with the mammoth tank result. Wait, that's the wrong Mammoth Tank! That's not supposed to be there. I'll have to fix that if there is an update.

So were you able to play or did Windows not let it run?

I made this on a Linux computer so I'm not sure what Windows and its software thinks of it. However, I did fire up my old Win7 computer, Downloaded this, and gave it a try. I didn't run in to any issues like that. It's probably because ra95.exe is modified but not sure. I can assure you there are no viruses attached.

I did notice the colours scheme was off because I disabled DDraw so you may need to re-enable that on Windows if the colours are off.

I was able to play when i disabled windows defender smartscan. My O/S is Windows 10 so if you made this with linux computer, it can may cause this issue.

Has anyone else been able to try it out?

I have come up with a list of corrections for a possible next version:

-Make a new title screen, but I'm no good at that sort of thing

-Need to add the correct EVA voice for "Mission Saved"

-May redesign in game menus

-The CS and AM missions need to be removed or updated for mod compatability

-The correct Mammoth Tank needs to be added

-I think there is an updated Desert theatre to add

-RAED has some issues that need fixed

-Add single player missions, I remade mission 2 and 3 is in progress

-Add new multi-player maps using alternate terrain theatres

-Clean up the directory

-Making a user manual

-Urban/City areas a possibility

-Look into getting Armageddon V playable on CNCNet, but I'm not sure how to do that at all. Would anyone be able to talk to me about getting that working?

I'm also planning to get some new screen shots posted and possibly videos with sound.

Edited by ROB