Map Causing Recon Errors

Chrono Vortex

Question

Guess this was the wrong place to ask, so I'll try here.

I've been working on this map for a bit and I decided to test online it to make sure everything works properly, only to find that it consistently causes reconnection errors. Here's the map itself:

Knossos, Crete.map

And here are a couple of the sync logs:

SYNC0.TXT_18_9_2017_7_7.TXT

SYNC1.TXT_18_9_2017_7_9.TXT

If anyone could provide an explanation as to why this is happening or suggest a way to prevent it, it would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Okay, nevermind, I guess I could figure it out myself. For those who are interested, I'll explain what went wrong.

I read somewhere that action 16 (Reveal all map) causes reconnection errors in multiplayer. In order to create a sort of fog of war for this map, I set up a repeating trigger with action 51 (Reshroud Map). Turns out that action causes reconnection errors too.

So, to fix the issue while keeping the fog of war, I simply deleted the trigger with the offending action, converted an invisible light post into a gap generator with a huge radius and placed it in the middle of the map.

I didn't test it online, only in skirmish, and I didn't get any errors. When does the error actually occur?

On a side note, I'm not sure if this is related, but every time I load up a skirmish game (mod map or not) with the cncnet version, my game crashes. But when I copy that same save file to any other version of YR it loads up just fine.

1 hour ago, Chrono Vortex said:

converted an invisible light post into a gap generator

Pretty clever idea.

1 minute ago, fir3w0rx said:

I didn't test it online, only in skirmish, and I didn't get any errors. When does the error actually occur?

It only happens in online multiplayer, and the error occurs as soon as the action gets triggered. I don't remember the exact reason why revealing and reshrouding the entire map causes players to desync, but it's a thing.

1 minute ago, fir3w0rx said:

On a side note, I'm not sure if this is related, but every time I load up a skirmish game (mod map or not) with the cncnet version, my game crashes. But when I copy that same save file to any other version of YR it loads up just fine.

That's pretty certainly not related, but I have the same issue. I tried loading saves too in order to test if the CnCNet Yuri's Revenge executable could handle campaign missions, and I couldn't load any save from anywhere. It would seem that CnCNet just can't load saves for whatever reason.