Problem at installing the CNCnet Client

Kunkill

Question

Heya!

Inbefore, i apologize for my bad english. :D

Sooo.. today i just went back at my old Origin Account and saw that i got RA2+YR so i decided to install it to my D: Driver.

My Cousin told me about this Site and your Client and i wanted to try it out, primarily to make YR run on my Win10 PC.

So far everything went fine. The installation nearly finished, then a popup message came up on my desktop that said the rename of the ddraw.dll failed.

i have not started a game or anything like that, as far as i can say the only thing that is not working right now is the saving of graphic/audio settings.

i wrote neogrant_ in the cncnet lobby and got lucky, he responded after a few min, he told me to run the things as administrator, as a second opportunity he told me to move the folder in the documents section. both unfortunately did not work out for me. That's why i am here.

Your help is highly appreciated!

So far 

~Kunkill

Edit1: I cannot start the Game properly. It blackscreens for me, but there are many fixes online, just wanted to put this info in here.

Edit2: After dragging the Files linked under this Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtwQ4qBPJMQ&feature=youtu.be) i can at least start YR from Origin and play it.

CNCnet popup.PNG

Edited by Kunkill

4 answers to this question

Hello - does this happen when you open the CnCNet YR client? The YR client will move the ts-ddraw.dll file from the Resources directory (found where you have the game & CnCNet installed), and it will delete it from the directory upon exit of the client. 

Double check to ensure you're running CnCNetYRLauncher.exe as administrator. 

Other things to check, try removing ddraw.dll from your game directory manually and rerunning the YR client. 

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Hello - does this happen when you open the CnCNet YR client? The YR client will move the ts-ddraw.dll file from the Resources directory (found where you have the game & CnCNet installed), and it will delete it from the directory upon exit of the client. 

Double check to ensure you're running CnCNetYRLauncher.exe as administrator. 

Other things to check, try removing ddraw.dll from your game directory manually and rerunning the YR client. 

The error is from the game installer. It can't place the file into the game folder cause another program is using it. The game might still be running in the background.

2 hours ago, Kunkill said:

:(

I guess that the current issue is that Origin now works, but playing online doesn't ?

The file that made origin working is DDwrapper, you should be able to enable that in the cncnet client under settings too.

Heya, thanks for the responses.

I repaired the Game via Origin, afterwards i used the Files i previously posted, starting YR through Origin and it worked.

Afterwards i installed the CNC YR Client (executing it as Admin) and it showed me the Report posted above as Screenshot. 

I started the Client and could not change/save any other Options than the ones that were preset.

I tried to start a Game through the Client, i got a Blackscreen and i heard the starting sequence, afterwards happening nothing.

I closed the Game via Task Manager an tried to start YR from Origin, but it blackscreened like i would have never downloaded the files that were making me able to play the game on Origin.

I hope you can understand what i am trying to say.. in addition it is worth to say, that the client tells me that the access to the path where my game is installed was denied.

So far

~Kunkill

Edit1: FYI: We fixed it. My cousin just sent me his edited ra2md.ini and we changed a few things optimized for Win10 (changed renderer to ddwarpper and turned on borderless windowed mode) and it works now! i can play solo and we even tried playing online and it worked!

I stil cannot save setings via the YR Client but i guess you can just change things in the .ini data.

I guess i am fine for now. Thank you very much for you help, i hope our solution helps you in anyway like fixing this issue or sth like that.

Edited by Kunkill