Ever played a non-standard map that gives a certain spot unfair cheats?

XXxPrePxX

I just played a game 'hammer 2v2' in player heyyou's game.

He had the non-standard map of hammer and sickle.

Now, he selected spot 1 and I tested it out in skrimish afterwards and online. Spot 1 gives the player unlimited money, fast build, and starting spies in everybody's base dressed up as secret service members.

It's hilarious, but man, that is so wrong -- cheating using non-standard map.

Ever had this happen before? Or is this somewhat new?

• Haha 1

yea happened at ww5 [world war 5] map was not Standard map the other guy killed my mcv with 2 korea's jets the anti air def was soooooooooooooo op with range and power he was making everything without mcv and building non stop and heck also i remember non standard version of it same thing 2 jets kills everything but that was loooooooong ago

Edited by DoDger
  • Haha 1

There may be somethings we can search for when the custom map loads into the client, and say this map could have unfair advantages. 

If someone could ping me a key list like "ProduceCashStartup", we could check for things like ProduceCashStartup > game start cash? Map modders should be able to help me mostly with this?

@Grant

ProduceCashStartup is tag from rules.ini which applies to buildings that generate income when they are captured, like the oil derrick giving you $1000 dollars on capture by default.
There's no easy way to determine if a map provides an unfair advantage to just one player or makes the modifications available to all.
The only way would be to mark maps that contain ini modifications and to notify the player that they are playing a 'mod' map.

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Like 2

On 18/11/2017 at 10:02 PM, XXxPrePxX said:

I just played a game 'hammer 2v2' in player heyyou's game.

He had the non-standard map of hammer and sickle.

Now, he selected spot 1 and I tested it out in skrimish afterwards and online. Spot 1 gives the player unlimited money, fast build, and starting spies in everybody's base dressed up as secret service members.

It's hilarious, but man, that is so wrong -- cheating using non-standard map.

Ever had this happen before? Or is this somewhat new?

I had the exact same thing done to me on hammer about 6 months ago, if you open the map in final alert they have like 20 mcvs outside the map aswell. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 3:58 PM, DoDger said:

yea happened at ww5 [world war 5] map was not Standard map the other guy killed my mcv with 2 korea's jets the anti air def was soooooooooooooo op with range and power he was making everything without mcv and building non stop and heck also i remember non standard version of it same thing 2 jets kills everything but that was loooooooong ago

I was there for that lol.  It's the player HiddenPower that uses modded ww5 maps...i guess that's why he calls himself that lol

Edited by Gun_Man
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1