Buttons Missing In Game

Nalothisal

Question

So I managed to get my Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge game working fine on my PC with little issue, in the main menu at least. But when I load a game up and open up the in game menu (keep in mind that everything is running as it should, even moving units around), some buttons will not show up and be overlapping. I see Save Game and Delete Game, but when I click on Save Game, It takes me to the Options Menu, and when I click on Delete Game, it takes me to the Abort Game menu. The Resume Game button works just fine. I have done all of the compatibility checks that I needed to do to make the game run and still this problem shows up, even on my Mental Omega mod.

My system is running Windows 7 with a Ryzen 5 1500 and a Radeon RX 550 Series with dual DDR4 16 GBytes running at 1197.1 MHz.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Grant said:

Have you tried using the other renderers in the list and trying those? 

DDWrapper causes a freeze when I go to the escape menu, everything else has the same issue persist. I even went to the lowest resolution setting and the problem still persists.

I have the same issue on Win7, DPI is at normal 100%.

Happens in vanilla game, and cncnet modded game.

Some buttons are overlapping/on top of other buttons.

Resolutions also have no effect on buttons. Renderers have no effect too.

This happens in vanilla and TFD and cncnet skirmish, and cncnet modded singleplayer...

And I can't get Game Speed slider in Campaigns...

Edited by 2mg

Hello,

If you are experiencing slow or choppy gameplay whilst playing on CnCNet, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.

1. Install the CnCNet client 
  2. This will look for your existing game directory.
  3. Once installed run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe or the shortcut supplied.
  4. Click "Options"
  5. Select "Display" and under the render options, select a new renderer. Commonly, TS-DDRAW works best.
  6. Click Save, and launch Skirmish. 
  7. Play a game with the AI. If the gameplay is fast then this renderer will likely be the best for you.
  8. If it hasn't worked, repeat from step 5 until you find a renderer that works best with your system.

Failing the above, ensure your video drivers are up-to-date. You are running a suitable resolution the game can handle.

render.png

On 6/17/2018 at 11:20 AM, Nalothisal said:

So I managed to get my Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge game working fine on my PC with little issue, in the main menu at least. But when I load a game up and open up the in game menu (keep in mind that everything is running as it should, even moving units around), some buttons will not show up and be overlapping. I see Save Game and Delete Game, but when I click on Save Game, It takes me to the Options Menu, and when I click on Delete Game, it takes me to the Abort Game menu. The Resume Game button works just fine. I have done all of the compatibility checks that I needed to do to make the game run and still this problem shows up, even on my Mental Omega mod.

My system is running Windows 7 with a Ryzen 5 1500 and a Radeon RX 550 Series with dual DDR4 16 GBytes running at 1197.1 MHz.

Any help would be appreciated.

This problem might appear on Win 7 by wrong DPI screen setting. Try set your screen scale to 100%.

How to do:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff629368.aspx

• Like 1

I also have this problem, tested with multiple Windows 10 & 11 machines, tried all renderers in CnCNet, with different GPUs and on board graphics. Also checked that the DPI setting is always %100. I have the game both in Origin and disc copy. I seem to be missing something but could not figure out. This is bugging me out for a long time, any help is appreciated :(

On 8/1/2020 at 5:21 PM, 2mg said:

I have the same issue on Win7, DPI is at normal 100%.

Happens in vanilla game, and cncnet modded game.

Some buttons are overlapping/on top of other buttons.

Resolutions also have no effect on buttons. Renderers have no effect too.

This happens in vanilla and TFD and cncnet skirmish, and cncnet modded singleplayer...

And I can't get Game Speed slider in Campaigns...