video options help

steeLbeed

Question

I have to reinstall cncnet every time I restart computer.  if I don't after restart, with my current cncnet options, when the game loads in skirm or online, it will auto flash back to my desktop.  The only way I can fix that is to uncheck "stretch to custom res 640x480."  but if I do that, then the mouse "floats" at warp speed.  the only way ive been able to get it to correct is to delete cncnet folder, restart, then reinstall.  Any thoughts about cncnet video options, or maybe video card/display options? I feel like ive tried every combination /variation to just play 640x480 with a normal mouse feel.

Thanks.. maybe it's easier to back/forth through email with screenshots?

3 answers to this question

On 7/14/2018 at 2:15 AM, steeLbeed said:

I have to reinstall cncnet every time I restart computer.  if I don't after restart, with my current cncnet options, when the game loads in skirm or online, it will auto flash back to my desktop. 

So it will minimize the game on game start? Can you go back into the game when you click on the taskbar icon?

"stretch to custom res 640x480."

Are you trying to stretch 640x400 to 640x480?

but if I do that, then the mouse "floats" at warp speed. 

Is the mouse just too fast or is it uncontrollable?

Does it look like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSswLamFvnU

When you reinstall the game, do you use a old installer or do you re-download the lastest one from the website?

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:35 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

So it will minimize the game on game start? Can you go back into the game when you click on the taskbar icon?

--------------yes, and yes, although it will just go right back to desktop.  I have to right click and close, then try again with different settings or reinstall

Are you trying to stretch 640x400 to 640x480?

-------------------stretch is the default when I check 640x480res, if I do 480 res without check, I get the lighting mouse syndrome

Is the mouse just too fast or is it uncontrollable?

Does it look like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSswLamFvnU

------------------------Fast is a good way to describe it, although its not playable because it's so inaccurate

When you reinstall the game, do you use a old installer or do you re-download the lastest one from the website?

------------I d/l from the website every time.

I think I have it narrowed down to happening after I plug into a dual monitor display at work. I always restart though before loading RA.

Well I found a problem with 640x480, but it only happens via the old config program (The one that shows via advanced settings)

Try to enable 640x480 via the other config program, it doesn't have the bug. If 640x480 is not in the list then press backspace and type it in manually.

In the worst case 640x480 is just not supported and it will automatically enable stretching (gives a different look and feel), in that case you could try to play around with the automatic mouse sensitivity scaling option in the advanced config