Waiting for launcher to exit - Update wont load

Bravoman

Question

I'm trying to update Yuris Revenge to 4.08.  It downloads and seems to install.  Then the windows cmd line screen opens and hangs on "...waiting for launcher to exit"  And never closes.  I have to force quit.  Tried restarting computer and redownloaded.  No luck. 

5 answers to this question

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:09 PM, Bravoman said:

I'm trying to update Yuris Revenge to 4.08.  It downloads and seems to install.  Then the windows cmd line screen opens and hangs on "...waiting for launcher to exit"  And never closes.  I have to force quit.  Tried restarting computer and redownloaded.  No luck. 

I have the same problem did you find any solution, can someone please help....

Untitled.jpg

Same problem here. Tried to set CnCNetClientYR.exe to run as admin and didn't work. Set all .exe files as admin to test, still didn't work. This has been happening since the 4.08 update. Only solution that has worked is clean uninstall and reinstall of the game, but that is annoying!

EDIT: Tried clean uninstall and even that stopped working to get the latest update. Something must be wrong with the update launcher. The cmd window that wont close shows the file "clientupdt.dat" in the title bar. Any way we can get an installer for 4.14, or some type of solution? @Grant

Edited by chaldoskillz

For anyone that wants to try, I figured out a way that works for me. It has worked for the past few updates. When the cmd black window pops up and refuses to close, leave it open. Hit "Ctrl + Alt + Del" and go to task manager. Under background processes, scroll down to "DTA Client" and click on it then end task. (Make sure you do this while the cmd window is still open). This process will close the cncnet client and allow the update to continue. The cmd window will close automatically when the update goes through! @nelsongmerino

I used to always close the cmd window manually at first, and then ctrl + alt + del to close the DTA client afterwards, and that never worked. I guess the client being open/running was inhibiting the cmd window from actively running/updating. No clue why. 

• Check 1

On 10/3/2018 at 5:22 PM, chaldoskillz said:

For anyone that wants to try, I figured out a way that works for me. It has worked for the past few updates. When the cmd black window pops up and refuses to close, leave it open. Hit "Ctrl + Alt + Del" and go to task manager. Under background processes, scroll down to "DTA Client" and click on it then end task. (Make sure you do this while the cmd window is still open). This process will close the cncnet client and allow the update to continue. The cmd window will close automatically when the update goes through! @nelsongmerino

I used to always close the cmd window manually at first, and then ctrl + alt + del to close the DTA client afterwards, and that never worked. I guess the client being open/running was inhibiting the cmd window from actively running/updating. No clue why. 

Just had to resort to this and it worked! Thanks

Edited by KissMySedonaPass