Since I updated to 4.12 I can't join games or Host games.

DKC

Question

Hello,

Today I updated to version 4.12 and ever since the update I cannot join games or host games. I can join a game and when it gets to the loading screen I load but everyone else doesn't and then it says I am victorious. When I host games, it's the same thing.

I am using a legitimate copy of Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge with Legitimate CD Keys as I still have my boxed copies. I have all necessary firewall rules made, and CnCNet worked fine before the update. So what is going on? 

4 answers to this question

I finally resolved it. Even though I disabled my firewall and Antivirus, It had some extra layers of protection that still ran regardless if it was disabled and I tried disabling those and bingo, works fine again. Its just weird though it didn't start doing this until the update.

Thanks again for your time and your help, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Try to play Skirmish from the client cncnet to see if it's working fine 
if it's not then change the Renderer from options till it works fine 
you can also try to change the server when you create
(Note that these solutions are just guesses so it just might not works)

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

I can play skirmishes all day and works great. I have cycled through all the renders and went online to make games or join them and still can't join or host.

I even went as far to disable my router's firewall, my software firewall and antivirus and still no go, only started having this issue since update so my guess it's on CnCNet's side.

I really want to play online so, I don't know what more I can do.

mmmm if i were you i will try these 
i will try to play the game from another pc which is connected to the same internet to make sure that the problem is with the that pc and not the internet 
and if it worked on another pc . . in that case i really may think of changing my windows (especially if it's old)
what exactly shows up when you try to host or join ?
and what widnows do you have ? and if you ever tried on another pc . . did it work ? (and again these are just guesses:)

there is a certain fast solution.... download the older ver. and play but in that case you will give up some new maps
ask another question in a post about an old ver because i lost the link and couldn't find it :( 
Good luck ! ?