Can we have new colors please

a1nthony

I think this is something that’s possible? In xwis 2006-2007 some top qmers hacked so they would be the color “white” so I’m sure that’s a color that can be used. But is itpossible to add like.. Black, dark grey etc...

would be a nice surprise in a future update :)

Edited by a1nthony
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

I hacked to get custom colours.

@Grant This is possible by displaying the changes only on user side.

So other players will basically won't see your custom colours. Only you will? if im understanding that right. I Prefer no colours if no one can see it but you.

Edited by Roooo
  • Upvote 1

The issue with custom colours is that if you set a player colour to be brown, purple, black, dark red, then it can be very difficult to visualise those colours on the mini-map display. Which is why I recommended custom colours on the player's side only. After all it's you who wants to see your army a different colour.

The issue with custom colours is that if you set a player colour to be brown, purple, black, dark red, then it can be very difficult to visualise those colours on the mini-map display.

How can u not visualize brown on the mini map?

Edited by Roooo
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Grant said:

Is it always these two colours?

It's been locked to yellow & red since the loading screen censorship update that hid the names and faction.

20 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

If it's possible to have new colors (that the other players can also see), I think it should be an unlockable. Like if you play more than 1000 QM games, you can choose special colored units, or even structures.

I was thinking of making some unit skins, but only the player owning them would be able to see them.
Unless one of the developers can figure out a way to make it visible to all.

Black can be a problem in the radar and superweapon/power offline timer because of the black timer background. And chat too.

White is for neutral units if playing on maps with pre-placed neutral/civilian units.

Teal are really confusing with sky blue and green (e.g. in Operation Mirage, the three border outposts (teal) look almost the same as Einstein's base (green)),

Magenta - It is  confusing with standard purple.

Brown - can be confusing with Orange at night.