Picture in picture bug

Squallboogie

Question

I just downloaded and installed C&C95, and I keep getting this issue. I followed the instructions found here, https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/8821-cc-1-tiberian-dawn-installation-on-windows-10/ When playing, I load up the first mission, and when I go to scroll the screen, it makes a picture in picture effect, and I can no longer scroll in any direction, and cant even command my units half of the time. The only resolution that seems to work is the lowest one, 640x400.

I'm running the game on Windows 10 64.

Screenshot_2.png

1 answer to this question

This is normal, the map is smaller than your resolution and that's why there are some visual glitches. This only happens in the early missions, later ones are bigger and you wont have such issues there. You can open the options menu and close it again to force a redraw.

The game was originally meant to be played at 320x200 / 640x400 only. Higher resolutions are only possible because of a high resolution patch added by Nyerguds. He did not increase the map size of the missions since that would change the gameplay and such changes are unwanted. You'll have to live with this minor flaw and in exchange you can enjoy the game at higher resolutions than the original release had.