Let's get some Ladder Talk Going

XXxPrePxX

1. So, how come I can't post in the subforum entitled "Ladder" on these forums? 

2. Is Andy going to be recieving any punishment for the apparent push from last month (October 2018)? Topic here: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/9178-andy-pushing-with-zen/
@Grant @dkeeton might be a good idea to at least acknowledge this and whether or not there will be any action done, to prevent further issues like this. 

3. https://ladder.cncnet.org/ladder/11-2018/yr/ 

How's everyone's preception of the ladder, point system, maps, and settings? Let's avoid the debate of whether yuri should be allowed in QM or not and instead focus on things like point system, maps and overall fun/activity. 

4. Does the hall of fame mean anything to you, yet?  https://ladder.cncnet.org/ladder-champions/yr

5. What happened to the Award posts at the end of the month for the ladder champions? Is there a in-lobby chat bot that is promoting the ladder winners? 

Any other recent talk, let's hear it 

Honestly I think everything is coming along well so far. My only issue is the fact that a player can intentionally disconnect when losing, which I’m completely fine with because it is what it is.... But it should reflect a win stat on your win percentage instead of hurting the win percentage. Win percentage to me is a very important stat, and it’s annoying when you play 7 games, win 2 but have 4 people disconnect on you and so now instead of 6-1 your 2-5.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Is there a in-lobby chat bot that is promoting the ladder winners?

Yes.

What happened to the Award posts at the end of the month for the ladder champions?

Staff in charge has been busy with their lives.

Does the hall of fame mean anything to you, yet?

Hall of fame is Andy's life purpose.
To me, personally, its always been meaningless in a competitive sense.

4 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

So, how come I can't post in the subforum entitled "Ladder" on these forums? 

Have you been a bad boy?
You replied to my thread so seems that you can post there.

1 hour ago, ZAIN said:

2mdfiu.jpg

3 hours + to wait is an eternity indeed.

• Upvote 1

the ladder is fine now i think. martin is doing a good job moderating it and adding en editing maps. the issue SodswSov pointed out, and has been pointed out dozen of times, should be fixed asap. one of the most annoying issues in the ladder and to me it seems like it would be an easy fix.

the ladder became a bit more inactive the last months, not sure why. pretty sure the laming and yuri is trowing alot of people off. but what can you do except for adding multi engi and giving the option to bail yuri, which wont happen.

the real question is, why are you not playing the ladder when you are always so devoted to it prep?

Edited by heldro

48 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

Have you been a bad boy?
You replied to my thread so seems that you can post there.

What I mean is on these forums there is a "Ladder" Sub forum, and in this sub forum we have another sub-forum for ladder testers. 

I can post in the ladder testers, but there is no way to make a new topic in the original ladder sub forum (which is visible to all, instead of just ladder testers). 

It just seems like a very minor mistake. 

24 minutes ago, heldro said:

the real question is, why are you not playing the ladder when you are always so devoted to it prep?

Ra2/YR just doesn't hold my interest. When I want to chill, I continually decide to play Fortnite or watch something with the wifey. Every now and then I get on it, but can't ever imagine competing again. With that being said, someone has to make sure there's some discussion going on -- I'd prefer if it wasn't me, an inactive player, but topics like these are healthy. Only way the place will continue to thrive is with opinions from the active community. Only way things like HOF and rank 1 will matter is if people make them matter. 

Hard to be competitive when you get essentially not even a legit counted win when playing a Soviet or allied player, just to turn around and play yuri which is perfectly fine but your not gonna consistently beat the yuri trolls so you go to look at your win percentage because hell you steam role normal competition, just to find out your win percentage is 28 percent? Come on 

i started to qm this months again all good so far the maps looks good but why do we hide the players names again ?? to avoid bailling or something like that bcuz i don't really like that in a game i played a soviet player he used engi eat engi/drone flak and all of that gameplay the next game i lamed back i thought it was the same guy but it wasn't and i felt bad about it less bail but more laming ??

Edited by DoDger
  • Upvote 1

It's to avoid bailing, rank busting, flaming.
Everyone plays their fullest to win & get rank 1.

Today I played some on stream and totally lost interest after losing to Yuri a few times in a row.
Totally understand all the players asking to ban Yuri.

posted image

Would you guys be interested in something like a balance patch option that only affects the Yuri faction?

Edited by RaVaGe

Ladder seems good, the maps are decent, the activity is actually up this month compared to others.
Lots of good players playing right now, people are getting better vs Yuri.

There's one thing that I'd like to get fixed, when your opponent DCs you, you still get points but it counts as a loss on your winrate.

22 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

Today I played some on stream and totally lost interest after losing to Yuri a few times in a row.
Totally understand all the players asking to ban Yuri. 

You are just not a top player is all, players like kyntaja and csoh are having alot of success vs Yuri. Look at other Yuri players, they all have low winrates.

7 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

2. Is Andy going to be recieving any punishment for the apparent push from last month (October 2018)? Topic

There was no push, just people who can't compete with me witch hunting.

1 hour ago, SodswSov said:

Hard to be competitive when you get essentially not even a legit counted win when playing a Soviet or allied player, just to turn around and play yuri which is perfectly fine but your not gonna consistently beat the yuri trolls so you go to look at your win percentage because hell you steam role normal competition, just to find out your win percentage is 28 percent? Come on 

Get good, me, kyntaja and many others are having great success against Yuri.

If you are not a top player and you want to improve you have to play the game, take the losses and figure out what you are doing wrong and fix it instead of making excuses.

People need to change their mentality, people like Martin will get up off the couch after not playing for a month and just expect to be able to beat top Yuri players who have been active, when he loses he just calls the faction OP and moves on, which is why he's never improved.

3 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

posted image

Would you guys be interested in something like a balance patch option that only affects the Yuri faction?

U know what u need to do  ?

Enjoy the game and stop  talking bs during games.

And why there is really low QM activity ? its coz there are to many yuri lamers,engi lamers,alt lamers (when a new player goes QM he will get cruhed so hard that he wont join ever again coz it aint no fun for the guy coz all hes engi's will get eaten and the game will not last 3 min),its just getting real frustrating to keep playing the game.

And the people/owners on cncnet keep there heads in the sand and wont support the game that will crush yuri and thats ra2.

More and more players will leave and they just let it happend

So your 29-0 means your just better than the guy you pushed with? So you shouldn’t have lost to him on your other account? Unless..... anyways, explain your hypocritical analogy without being so condescending. Then while you are at it, go ahead and pretend like you have ever been relevant on this game? Then again maybe it took you more than 14 years to finally be decent with an overpowered faction. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SodswSov said:

So your 29-0 means your just better than the guy you pushed with? So you shouldn’t have lost to him on your other account? Unless..... anyways, explain your hypocritical analogy without being so condescending. Then while you are at it, go ahead and pretend like you have ever been relevant on this game? Then again maybe it took you more than 14 years to finally be decent with an overpowered faction. 

Being at the top for 12+ years now I'd say makes me relevant, you on the other hand have never been a top 30 player and are calling Yuri OP which makes me completely disregard anything you have to say.

7 hours ago, ShowtimeRa2 said:

lamers,engi lamers,alt lamers (when a new player goes QM he will get cruhed so hard that he wont join ever again coz it aint no fun for the guy coz all hes engi's will get eaten and the game will not last 3 min),its just getting real frustrating to keep playing the game.

that part is so true i hv seen that quite afew times myself and not just for new players.something has to be done about it bcuz it's killing the activity so bad imo

here's the thing last time i played qm it was at 11-2017 now i started to qm again and there's alot of changes the most noticeable by far is the super toxic and flaming part which is engi/alt/trash talk etc... it wasn't even near that back at 2017 the activity also isn't as it was back then i have played 28 games this month and i already lost interest to keep on playing in this super toxic environment anymore

about the yuri part i only matched yuri twice so far and i hv no issue going vs it at qm ik prep said at the start of this post to avoid talking about it but.

i was away for over 9 months when i came back i found alot of xwis/gr player changed to cncnet most of players playing qm right now are ra2 and this is an old game so i don't expect that we have bunch of 10 years old kids that wanna learn everything there is.
most of them are not even active on daily bases and old enough to be married and having kids some players just are not interested to even learn to play vs yuri anymore that's understandable we can't apply the rules of 2005 to 2018 anymore.

Edited by DoDger

9 hours ago, ShowtimeRa2 said:

its coz there are to many yuri lamers,engi lamers,alt lamers (when a new player goes QM he will get cruhed so hard that he wont join ever again coz it aint no fun for the guy coz all hes engi's will get eaten and the game will not last 3 min),its just getting real frustrating to keep playing the game.

The maps are being edited to prevent overwhelming engi eating and also for improving odds against Yuri.
Instead of complaining all of the time how about you contribute, you clearly want to see an improvement so help us get there.

• Yuri balance is finally being looked at.
  • Engi is here to stay, scout better, get faster, counter it.
  • If some one alts you, then why the hell did you let them in your base?

6 hours ago, ZAIN said:

Not 3 hours, check matt's post about andy pushing , we are waiting since then ;) 

Yeah, I reported that ages ago got no reply.

2 hours ago, DoDger said:

last time i played qm it was at 11-2017 now i started to qm again and there's alot of changes the most noticeable by far is the super toxic and flaming part which is engi/alt/trash talk etc... it wasn't even near that back at 2017

I didn't encounter much toxicity at all, the most toxic player in QM right now is Andy.
Feel free to report any 'extremely' toxic players to me by PM, I'll send them on a few short holidays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh boy plz don't ruin the Yuri faction because you noticed after like 15 years that it's hard for you to beat.

Anyway this topic is about someone got accused of cheating right? If someone found the Yuri faction OP go watch some of Seke/Tim/Marko videos and learn how to counter it properly.

At least make a poll and ask for the community thoughts before applying any change.

So it seems like

1. We definitely need to look at the DC and win rate problem and get that fixed. I can't imagine this being too hard... @dkeeton Is there any way to fix this easily? All we need to do is not let the win rate count DC wins as losses. If you need further explanation of the problem, let us know.

and

2. Yuri is an annoying problem in QM. 

Which there is not much to help against other than the hope that Ra2 QM will some day be on CNCNet. 

I never had a problem with 'lamers' like engi eat and engi rush. My suggestion would be to know your strats/maps and focus on getting yours in QM. Make an extra dog or two or three in the beginning to make sure you get your oil derricks and that you scout as well as possible. If your soviets, make a drone and keep it around, hell make two. If you are allies, it's a bit harder to stop.

Making a few extra dogs and 2 drones won't cost you the game, but it will make you much much more safe.

2 hours ago, aWarN1GGa said:

Anyway this topic is about someone got accused of cheating right? If someone found the Yuri faction OP go watch some of Seke/Tim/Marko videos and learn how to counter it properly.

They have all mentioned the difficulty of beating Yuri at one point or another.
Yeah they are good at beating Yuri, but they are the best at the game as well, it shouldn't require the "best players" just to beat some one who plays Yuri, anyone should be able to do it, especially in a competitive scene.

2 hours ago, aWarN1GGa said:

At least make a poll and ask for the community thoughts before applying any change.

Most of the YR community doesn't visit these forums, these discussions have been had on the relevant Discord channels and opinions have been gathered.
Also it is very evident from the community that there is a consensus regarding Yuri.
There are many mod maps out there made by casual to advanced competitive players that attempt to rebalance Yuri.

1 hour ago, XXxPrePxX said:

2. Yuri is an annoying problem in QM.  

Which there is not much to help against other than the hope that Ra2 QM will some day be on CNCNet. 

I'm working towards solving this problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaVaGe said:

They have all mentioned the difficulty of beating Yuri at one point or another.
Yeah they are good at beating Yuri, but they are the best at the game as well, it shouldn't require the "best players" just to beat some one who plays Yuri, anyone should be able to do it, especially in a competitive scene. 

If you are not the best at the game you won't beat top sov players either, you guys need to stop crying and making excuses and just learn the damn game, it's been out for 18 years. Yuri takes a different play style than just going multiple wars and slamming rhinos into the enemy which is why one dimensional ra2 players just can't adapt. If you can't beat bad Yuri players then clearly it's you and not the game as there are many players doing just fine vs the Yuri faction.

There is no “average” yuri player.... There is either a good yuri player, or a bad one. Only time the “average” yuri players gets exposed as being average, is if it’s YvY. Otherwise it’s pretty basic and not a lot to work with. So any yuri player with basic common knowledge of the units can easily get the upper hand in early to mid games. Most players playing against yuri just want the shit to be over quick so they can enjoy an actual competitive match so they go for a certain move and if it fails they move on to the next opponent because time is valuable and every second playing a yuri troll is a waste of trying to accomplish a little bit of enjoyment from the game. 

• Like 1