Let's get some Ladder Talk Going

XXxPrePxX

1 hour ago, SodswSov said:

There is no “average” yuri player.... There is either a good yuri player, or a bad one. Only time the “average” yuri players gets exposed as being average, is if it’s YvY. Otherwise it’s pretty basic and not a lot to work with. So any yuri player with basic common knowledge of the units can easily get the upper hand in early to mid games. Most players playing against yuri just want the shit to be over quick so they can enjoy an actual competitive match so they go for a certain move and if it fails they move on to the next opponent because time is valuable and every second playing a yuri troll is a waste of trying to accomplish a little bit of enjoyment from the game. 

Well you are clearly delusional and never going to be half decent at the game so I'll stop trying to explain how the game actually works to you, you guys can continue to suck vs Yuri and make excuses for your poor play and keep liking each others posts. ?

18 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

The maps are being edited to prevent overwhelming engi eating and also for improving odds against Yuri.
Instead of complaining all of the time how about you contribute, you clearly want to see an improvement so help us get there.

• Yuri balance is finally being looked at.
  • Engi is here to stay, scout better, get faster, counter it.
  • If some one alts you, then why the hell did you let them in your base?

Yeah, I reported that ages ago got no reply.

I didn't encounter much toxicity at all, the most toxic player in QM right now is Andy.
Feel free to report any 'extremely' toxic players to me by PM, I'll send them on a few short holidays.

Complain?Im just telling why qm doesnt get  new players and why QM is DEAD,there are maybe 10 pro players top ?

U cant see ur opponent,what do u get when u got lamed last game ?U lame back,and WTF the guy u lamed wasnt the guy who lamed u the first game !

Its getting a lamefest every single game,new players wont stand a chance.

Playing vs yuri faction ?

Np,But i will be done after 3 games,and if not playing vs yuri i would play "10"or "20"  games that day.(thats alot for such a population)

I think its very simple to solve this problem,but the "owners" just wont listen ,and keep the game for how many years now the way it is ?(there are so many complains about the yuri faction,for over 18 years ?Thats why RA2 crushed yuri on population back in the day's).

Dont get me wrong, there doing the best they can,and i really appreciate we got a server next to lagxwis were we can play.

This game has got it all ,only a few tweaks and it would be awesome !

How to solve >?Balance yuri faction or let yuri play only play vs yuri or better ban it! the perfect ra2

Do something about the anti bail.

When i make a game and some 1 joins and he leaves again , i find it annoying that there isnt a "easy" way to send him a pm to let him join again just like xwis hade

Help new players , i always give tips to the new players.

And stop talking BS during games,coz damn there are quite a few who do.

And Grant when will this end ? Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

That is really getting annoying and its over cuple months now

getting lamed is not a big issue, but the problem is players cannot see the nickname which really stupid imo, because as players said already they get lamed and next game when they lame it's third player, so hiding nicknames was meant to reduce bailing, now there is zero bail time so it's pointless to hide nicknames.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ShowtimeRa2 said:

How to solve >?Balance yuri faction or let yuri play only play vs yuri or better ban it! the perfect ra2

I'm working towards balancing Yuri for QM.
I will need more votes from players like you to get it implemented in QM!

Do something about the anti bail.

People lose points when they bail a map.
This is also the reason nicknames are hidden, yes we know it affects everything else too such as laming for example, but this is the best option for bailing!

And Grant when will this end ? Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

@Ferret Can you remove this? He's usually quite alright.

Pretty sure you can notify the community about such huge change, like the notification in the client opening when Zigga passed.

I know you were working on mod maps that comes with edited units, pretty sure that's what you call 'balancing' :sadface:. @Grant can you join us in this discussion plz?

PS: Lybia/Germany/Russia also crap factions that are barely used in QM, are you going to do something about them?

@ShowtimeRa2 laming has always been a part of ra2 and yr. It will stay that way unless a multiengineer mod is applied. Also, last time we checked statistics, sovs were dominating by a large margin. Xme last reported stats at 69% win rate for Iraq and 55% win rate for Yuri. So by that logic, Yuri doesn't need to be nerfed, no matter how annoying.

@ZAIN there's no reason to see who you're playing against. The reduction of bailing is enough to keep things hidden imo. 

47 minutes ago, aWarN1GGa said:

PS: Lybia/Germany/Russia also crap factions that are barely used in QM, are you going to do something about them?

While Grant has highly opposed any balancing outside of the Yuri Faction due to the community currently lacking a consensus on such things, if a LOT of the community can get onboard which such things I'm certain even he will change his mind. While I think that will be highly unlikely.

While developing the balance changes I was aiming to hit the unused factions and the major Allied & Soviet issues as well, but it became evident that most of the community is not interested in those.

While there seems to be a huge consensus among all skill levels of players that the Yuri faction is overpowered!

13 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

me last reported stats at 69% win rate for Iraq and 55% win rate for Yuri. So by that logic, Yuri doesn't need to be nerfed, no matter how annoying.

You do realise that these stats are affected by the amount of players per faction respectively?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

@ShowtimeRa2 laming has always been a part of ra2 and yr. It will stay that way unless a multiengineer mod is applied. Also, last time we checked statistics, sovs were dominating by a large margin. Xme last reported stats at 69% win rate for Iraq and 55% win rate for Yuri. So by that logic, Yuri doesn't need to be nerfed, no matter how annoying.

@ZAIN there's no reason to see who you're playing against. The reduction of bailing is enough to keep things hidden imo. 

i need to know if i am playing andy (lamer ) or some good player, making walls vs a player who is not going to engi me it's sorta stupid right ? there is literally no point to hide nicknames lol, if you really think its reduce bailing then , we should be able to see players nickname after we deployed mcv from tab screen.

13 minutes ago, ZAIN said:

i need to know if i am playing andy (lamer ) or some good player, making walls vs a player who is not going to engi me it's sorta stupid right ? there is literally no point to hide nicknames lol, if you really think its reduce bailing then , we should be able to see players nickname after we deployed mcv from tab screen.

Why would not anticipating laming be stupid? It's RANKED, you should expect anything. Since laming is part of the game, that's something you should expect.

-Knowing who you are up against would help with laming. You will learn who the lamers are and then can prepare for it better if you see you're matching them again. There's no reason not to know who you're up against when you have already randomly matched them

-Last month I would also keep having losses after 3sec just because the other person didn't load or something. Should fix that shit too...

-Doing something about pushing might also be important. Otherwise you get garbage ass noobs getting rank 1 and the ladder become completely meaningless

-Still waiting for a clan ladder

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2018 at 4:58 PM, XXxPrePxX said:

2. Is Andy going to be recieving any punishment for the apparent push from last month (October 2018)? Topic here: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/9178-andy-pushing-with-zen/
@Grant @dkeeton might be a good idea to at least acknowledge this and whether or not there will be any action done, to prevent further issues like this. 

Hi Prep - there was inconclusive evidence on this report of pushing. We're not going to start handing out bans or ladder resets or whatever the punishment would have been, if we can't conclusively prove it, despite how obvious it may appear to some. 

On some comment I saw somewhere, "on XWIS it would be proven", is also rubbish. When I was working with XWIS in the time I was there, it was always about conclusive evidence, in this case, there was not.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Grant said:

Hi Prep - there was inconclusive evidence on this report of pushing. We're not going to start handing out bans or ladder resets or whatever the punishment would have been, if we can't conclusively prove it, despite how obvious it may appear to some. 

On some comment I saw somewhere, "on XWIS it would be proven", is also rubbish. When I was working with XWIS in the time I was there, it was always about conclusive evidence, in this case, there was not.  

well , xwis had auto ss , it helps also a bit too much i guess. xwis saves game chat too, 

cncnet lacks all these features right ? so how can you compare xwis to cncnet?

18 minutes ago, ZAIN said:

well , xwis had auto ss , it helps also a bit too much i guess. xwis saves game chat too, 

cncnet lacks all these features right ? so how can you compare xwis to cncnet?

Not sure I follow, where was I comparing XWIS to CnCNet Zain?  Maybe I wasn't clear, I was saying... XWIS also processes a report the same way we do, if there is no conclusive evidence, no action is taken.

11 minutes ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

So you're saying nobody got banned for pushing on xwis? How can someone push without it being any MORE obvious? lols Do they need to take 40 free wins instead of 29? Basically you're saying any1 can push and it can't be proven without an admission. So your ladder is worthless

That's not what I'm saying, no. There is evidence behind your bans on XWIS like there is here, however in this case, there isn't any.  :)

I don't have a dog in this race, but this does seem to be a problem with the CNCNet ladder... due to their being no auto-ss and no way of telling what is going on in the games, I could theoretically push with someone for 30 wins in a given month and there would never be conclusive evidence available to stop me. 

I don't have a solution for it, and I'd wish there would be a better competitive spirit than what we saw with that particular incident... anyway, thanks for the reply Grant!