DTA Client update waiting forever

YuriOriginal

Question

One day I launched CnCNetClientYR.exe and had an update for version 4.22 waiting. I clicked on update. It showed a command window which said waiting for DTA client to exit to continue with the update. I waited for sometime and nothing moved. Then I opened TaskManager and closed DTA client. Then the update continued and the software was updated to 4.22 version.

Today I saw an update for 4.23 version waiting and the same thing happened.

Can't you (the updater software) kill DTA client before waiting for it to exit? Who is supposed to close it? DTA client does not show up anywhere other than the task manager while on this situation.

If it happens again in the next update, I will surely take a snapshot and share.

4 answers to this question

15 hours ago, YuriOriginal said:

One day I launched CnCNetClientYR.exe and had an update for version 4.22 waiting. I clicked on update. It showed a command window which said waiting for DTA client to exit to continue with the update. I waited for sometime and nothing moved. Then I opened TaskManager and closed DTA client. Then the update continued and the software was updated to 4.22 version.

Today I saw an update for 4.23 version waiting and the same thing happened.

Can't you (the updater software) kill DTA client before waiting for it to exit? Who is supposed to close it? DTA client does not show up anywhere other than the task manager while on this situation.

If it happens again in the next update, I will surely take a snapshot and share.

It seems to be a bug indeed and hoepfully one we can resolve soon. You did the right thing by killing the DTA client in the task manager to proceed with the update. 

Logged it in our issue tracker: https://github.com/CnCNet/xna-cncnet-client/issues/84

On 11/21/2018 at 8:11 PM, FrogTrain said:

I am having a very similar problem to what YuriOriginal described above.  Version 4.24 fails to update, and then I can't reopen the game.

Yesterday while updating to 4.24, at first I thought it was not solved. Opened up the task manager, arranged everything for a screenshot and took one. I was opening browser to post it here and then the update continued. So I did not experience any major problem in the latest update. Though it took long time (around 2 to 3 minutes maybe) to proceed.

On 11/18/2018 at 2:48 PM, Grant said:

It seems to be a bug indeed and hoepfully one we can resolve soon. You did the right thing by killing the DTA client in the task manager to proceed with the update. 

Logged it in our issue tracker: https://github.com/CnCNet/xna-cncnet-client/issues/84

I will unset as best answer. The problem is not solved. It repeated today on a fresh game installation, when first time updating (to 4.24) after installing CnCNet5_YR_Installer.exe. Screenshot is attached. Same as previous work around, by closing 'DTA Client (32 bit)' process under 'Background processes (107)'  in the task manager, update can be continued.

yrerror1.jpg