Cant see, or join Games

JaJaBinks

Question

When going through the options tab. i cant highlight show game rooms for the following games (Yuris Revenge) (its faded out and wont let me click,

Also when i click custom match it takes me to the cnc net lobby.

I get a view of the users in the lobby, however i cant view the games on the left. and yeah, cant join anything therefore.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks guys :)

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

8 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Kirov109 said:

This bloody grant so called administrator. All he does is ask for the log file and that is it, he doesn't fix or resolve the issue. 

This issue has also occurred to me recently and I have seen several posts of the same matter and the same bloody administrator just asking for the log files and then nothing. What a joke.

Anyway the issue in my opinion resides in the channels of the server that are potentially switched previously to an empty channel whereby you connect to a selected server amongst 20 others and if this channel server is empty without any players then you won't be able to see the rooms in the lobby. This is because there are so many channels and if you mistakenly selected the ones that are empty then you are done for it and you cannot select the other ones for some reason. This is what I concluded in my investigation about this problem. 

There are multiple reasons for this problem, most common reason right now is that we have too many players online due to the corona virus and the server enables a protection if too many players joined too quickly. We usually fix that problem right away, we're also working on solutions for the problem already (new update is ready soon).

Another reason is that some players skip the update and join with an old version, this way they can't see games hosted on the current version.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:35 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

There are multiple reasons for this problem, most common reason right now is that we have too many players online due to the corona virus and the server enables a protection if too many players joined too quickly. We usually fix that problem right away, we're also working on solutions for the problem already (new update is ready soon).

Another reason is that some players skip the update and join with an old version, this way they can't see games hosted on the current version.

Well the solution for me was to uninstall both the red alert 2/yuri and cncnet application with deleting all corresponding files and reinstalling them both and this resolved the problem, so that I can see rooms in lobby.

• Check 1

On 1/20/2019 at 11:54 AM, Grant said:

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your client.log file. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your client.log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a file called client.log

This i did in the post above?

Can you help at all? or?

Id quite like to get back to playing like the good old days.

but if its not gonna happen ill just get rid of the discs.

thanks again.

This bloody grant so called administrator. All he does is ask for the log file and that is it, he doesn't fix or resolve the issue. 

This issue has also occurred to me recently and I have seen several posts of the same matter and the same bloody administrator just asking for the log files and then nothing. What a joke.

Anyway the issue in my opinion resides in the channels of the server that are potentially switched previously to an empty channel whereby you connect to a selected server amongst 20 others and if this channel server is empty without any players then you won't be able to see the rooms in the lobby. This is because there are so many channels and if you mistakenly selected the ones that are empty then you are done for it and you cannot select the other ones for some reason. This is what I concluded in my investigation about this problem. 

However, when I encountered the problem I had both cnc net up to date to the latest version as well as red alert 2/yuri and I even double checked for updates. 

You know if your servers are encountering lots of load and stress from the significant increase of players in the game then why am I able to login and see the lobby? Perhaps then you shouldn't let me login at all until the stress or load has been reduced at least. Perhaps you need to reconsider a strategy to disallow people from logging in and along that display a message that says login failed or something like try again later there are too many people, you know it is that simple. Why should I login and find myself confused to not see any rooms in lobby and you say it is too many players and servers are being overloaded, this doesn't make sense to players and people. You need to at least inform them of what is happening with at least a message box when they login and servers are overloaded come on man. 

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your client.log file. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your client.log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a file called client.log