troll games and wasted matches

teus

The community seems to be full of troll players. After a while I start to learn the people to never play with: they always play the same maps, alone or with a friend, and perfect their skills of lame baserushing you and ruining your game. They rush you with engineers, seals, rockies or whatever.  Just now I played a game that was supposed to be FFA, but 2 Korea players constantly kept swarming me with jets. Nice teamwork.

Do you think it's a legit tactic to ruin somebody's match from the beginning like that?
Along with the people who don't speak English, don't know how to ally ingame, lag or never connect, it makes the overwhelming majority of matches a massive waste of time. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

The vast majority of games I play are FFA's. I have to say - I host them myself. It didn't happen to me a single time that two players are obviously allied.

It often comes to 2v1 situations, which is normal in FFA. But then it switches again. I know that many players can't deal with 2v1 and start flaming.

But I also know that there are some trolls who open their room and do the nasty tactics you mentioned. Can't confirm, that they are the majority.

OP, not trying to be a douchebag to you, but take it from someone who has literally played over 100,000 games of ra2/yr (probably much more)...

You are coming off sounding like a newb.

You are complaining about people knowing the maps better than you, knowing how to kill you fastly, and using teamwork in free for all against you.

If you were a more skilled player you'd be able to stop all of these actions.

Want to learn? There's many ways to do so and we have many talented players here.

IF not, then just host your own games.

Be honest with you, this is a Real Time Strategy Game not a Strategy per turns, all rushes are ok and only work vs unexperienced players but i am agree with FFA, people don't know how to play it to win, they think is a chaos game but good FFA players balance the attack between all players and usually attack the strong current player to win, but sometimes unexperienced players play FFA like it was 1v1 focused on a single player (usually nemesis or YouTuber) and ignore a player that mass army and win just camping and doing nothing. 

Edited by Kikematamitos
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:39 PM, [AuF]Mindwar said:

But welcome to the internet, no getting around seals/rockies/etc. Find some players you like, become their friend, play games with them. 

I've been surfing the internet for 20 years and I've seen things get progressively worse.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:14 AM, ore_truck said:

Rushing isn't a troll. And the match wasn't a waste if you could learn something out of it.

I learn nothing from it. Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit. I can play online games for 2-3 hours and absolutely get ZERO enjoyment from it. Most people don't even try to be anything like nice. Everybody can be an asshole all the time and it seems like it's completely OK.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:10 AM, cypher said:

But I also know that there are some trolls who open their room and do the nasty tactics you mentioned. Can't confirm, that they are the majority.

Not the majority, but it adds up to the constant frustration and worthless games. People quitting with 30 seconds or not connecting, people who don't speak English or don't know how to ally. 

On 1/12/2019 at 3:44 PM, XXxPrePxX said:

You are complaining about people knowing the maps better than you, knowing how to kill you fastly, and using teamwork in free for all against you.

That's fine. It's just very boring against people you have no chance against. A lot of people have no concept of a fair game both sides can enjoy.  People don't even give useful advise. 

always play the same maps, alone or with a friend

These is quite common, I play quite a lot and I see many players playing the same one or max two maps over and over again. And they get really good at those maps. While I find it frustrating that I can't beat them on those maps at the same time it presents a good challenge to get better and try again. I also find it quite funny how these same players when playing another map can be quite easily beat. For example I've played this one player, on the map he always plays, over 30 times winning not once. One day I actually convinced him to change the map for just one game. I won in less than three minutes and he changed the map right back. I mean how can there be such a difference for a player to go from unbeatable to easily beatable just because of the map. 

tl;dr This happens a lot, it should be a challenge & it's not trolling, just people playing the game, the way they want to play it.

Just now I played a game that was supposed to be FFA, but 2 Korea players constantly kept swarming me with jets.

In FFA 2v1 happens all the time. It's FFA, so everyone just looks after themselves and what is good for them. If attacking a player that is already under attack is good for them, they should do that.  However I have come across two players playing a Sedona FFA and spying each other and playing 2v1 against everyone in the game. And when they defeated everyone else, they didn't fight each other, they just quit ( I even have a video of that). Now that is the only 2v1 I condemn and wish something could be done about it. 

it makes the overwhelming majority of matches a massive waste of time. 

I have gone trough stretches of days where I couldn't get a good game going for the reasons you listed. And I was hosting most of the games. But I'm glad to say it was just stretch. So like people before me said. Get to know people, get to know their nicknames ( most don't change it that often ) and you'll probably get a good idea what kind of match you're in for before the start. 

Good luck! 

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2019 at 12:08 PM, teus said:

That's fine. It's just very boring against people you have no chance against. A lot of people have no concept of a fair game both sides can enjoy.  People don't even give useful advise.  

Sure, the inequality in competition is definitely a problem, but that also gets easier to deal with as you get better as a player.

My advice would be that you just need to get more experienced and better at the game to enjoy it more. Maybe find a good group of people to play with on the Ra2 Discord that WILL help you instead of being ass holes.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

The discord is actually really awesome and developed by the players. They even have a chatroom for 'tips for newbies' that would be idea for this situation. 

Mad props to Mustache and the crew for creating that whole set up. 

Some people like Martin or Kike don't like it since there's free speech there. Which means Andy says mean things to them. :D

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

I don't like it because 99% of the time people talk about how much better they are than the other guy and how many times they beat them over a decade back.

Nice job trying to put words in my mouth though.

Rats. I'll try and put something else in your mouth next time. ;)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

welcome online this community is full of trolls but u also sound like new here so if u wanna learn u should find a good player and ask him eventually u will find *That group* that u will play with most of the time also watching some online videos of good player can help u have a general idea on how things go

i saw mustache helping new players and he's good he can help u if u ask him but i don't recommend u joining that discord at all what he may say *Free speech* actually is [ hatred/racism / toxic environment/ lots and lots of trolls etc...] also Endless Dick fights on who won who more or how noob the other dude is. since there's no supervision there

Edited by DoDger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DoDger said:

welcome online this community is full of trolls but u also sound like new here so if u wanna learn u should find a good player and ask him eventually u will find *That group* that u will play with most of the time also watching some online videos of good player can help u have a general idea on how things go

i saw mustache helping new players and he's good he can help u if u ask him but i don't recommend u joining that discord at all what he may say *Free speech* actually is [ hatred/racism / toxic environment/ lots and lots of trolls etc...] also Endless Dick fights on who won who more or how noob the other dude is. since there's no supervision there

Free speech is not for everyone. You must have thick skin to brush off trolls and jerks. If you can ignore the fools, free speech is for you. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Jeez people.

If you don't like trolls and jerks, ignore them. They'll always be there.

If you don't like losing, play people worse than you and never improve, or play people better than you and learn, and improve.

I own 99% of players and there are still a few that slap me around like a child no matter what I do, sometimes people are just better than you are.

And as far as toxicity goes, ravage is one of the worst people I've met on this game. Mustache is great, doesn't take things seriously, has fun, who cares?

Last but not least, Prep knows what he's talking about.

• Upvote 1

It's not about winning or losing. It's about having a nice time playing. Invite Mike Tyson to a boxing match with you. He can KO you with one punch, it would stroke his ego and you would get absolutely nothing out of it. 
Most people are never nice, they don't have a shred of friendliness to offer. They don't help you learn the game, even if they're on the same team. They just go "LOL NOOB YOU SUCK". Things only get worse when your teammates are children and/or can't even speak english.

Just like CSGO I put a lot of time into it, and I'm just sick of the shitty toxic attitude. Maybe I'm getting too old, or the entire gaming community turned caustic as fuck.   I just had another violent meltdown and I'm uninstalling the game. Thanks to the devs for all the work, because CnCnet really opened up possibilities.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, teus said:

It's not about winning or losing. It's about having a nice time playing. Invite Mike Tyson to a boxing match with you. He can KO you with one punch, it would stroke his ego and you would get absolutely nothing out of it. 
Most people are never nice, they don't have a shred of friendliness to offer. They don't help you learn the game, even if they're on the same team. They just go "LOL NOOB YOU SUCK". Things only get worse when your teammates are children and/or can't even speak english.

Just like CSGO I put a lot of time into it, and I'm just sick of the shitty toxic attitude. Maybe I'm getting too old, or the entire gaming community turned caustic as fuck.   I just had another violent meltdown and I'm uninstalling the game. Thanks to the devs for all the work, because CnCnet really opened up possibilities.

Yes, the game can be terrible to play with some of these arrogant pricks that ruin the experience. This is why I had suggested you join us on discord. We have a lot of fun playing games together and the more experienced players are very helpful. If you do join, message me there. I'm MustacheX. I may also prepare a tutorial on my YouTube to help out struggling players.