CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HombreLaser

CnCnet kaboom error on windows 7 virtual machine

Question

I installed CnCnet for command and conquer red alert 2 and yuri's revenge on a 32-bit windows 7 virtual machine executed through virtualbox. I already installed microsoft .net framework 4.0 and the experimental 3D accelerator of the guest installer. This is the error I get when trying to play CnC net.

Captura.PNG

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, HombreLaser said:

I installed CnCnet for command and conquer red alert 2 and yuri's revenge on a 32-bit windows 7 virtual machine

Why?

Because I want to play CnCnet yuri's Revenge on linux and knowing that getting the game running in newer OSs is a hell, I can't imagine how would be for linux, let alone if it's even possible. If I want to play, it has to be on a virtual machine. For now I can play every other linux available CnC with its respective CnCnet installation.  Red Alert 2 on the other hand, is elusive.
EDIT:
It finally worked, it looks like I didn't install the 3D accelerator(?) correctly. For other people that may have this problem in the future, make sure, when you install the guest additions, to install the experimental 3D Accelerator, not the one the installer recommends you. To do this, run the installer on secure mode and check no when the recommendation prompt appears. Thanks to the CnC team for bringing back to life such an awesome game.

Edited by HombreLaser
Finally got it running

There are no problems with newer OSes anymore.

And you could try installing the snap package by  `snap install cncra2yr `

(The snap is not officially supported by us and it doesn't work for me)