Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ascension

Yuris Revenge Online Gameplay lag

Question

Posted (edited)

I've played this game in the past and had the same issue and never found a fix. I have changed all the compatibility settings and messed with changing the renderer to ts-ddraw and others. I've also added the videobackbuffer=no to the correct folders. Offline skirmish play is completely fine and this only effects online custom games for me. There is a stutter freeze which only lasts for less than a second but is almost constant making it feel very skippy. The other issue is like a very low FPS issue to where its almost impossible to play. My units move extremely slow and buildings are a pain to build up. 

Note this is a brand new pc I built within the last 2 months. rtx 2080, ryzen 7 2700x, 32gb ram, m2 ssd etc the pc should not be having any issues with the game, this is the same problem I had on my 10 year old computer. 

Edited by ascension

3 answers to this question

hi. this topic is for survival maps i assume. because many units cause slow fps spikes, i know your computer is monster can handle every single game but this game should be evolved to next generation. 

it's all about renderer i think. game has old working system that cannot handle many units even if you are supercomputer lol. 

i had had computer nearly 10 years before, it was running crysis the computer was complettely trash i think it's all about the engine which the game has it. 

Posted (edited)

Not for survival maps I've tried almost all of the custom maps at some point, even from the start deploying the main building is usually a lag fest. I wish I were more computer literate to figure this out on my own lol.

The custom maps are fine on offline skirmish games. I only stay on games where my ping is less than 120. My internet speed shouldn't be a factor either, i'm at 300mb/s.

Edited by ascension

Posted (edited)

Maybe choose a working renderer! In the settings!

I play with people who have a good latency, but jerk!

That's what happens when the renderer does not work properly

Edited by hellobello25