Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jordan

Yuri's Revenge Internal Error Crash During custom game

Question

Hello, 

I am trying to play custom maps on Yuri's Revenge Online but everytime at around the same time in game it crashes.

An example of a map I have tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRTM1tABbH8&t=564s

I have a fresh install of RA2/YR from Origins then installed CNC net so there shouldn't be any outliers. It had kept crashing on the default settings of TS-DDRAW renderer and I have fiddled around until it works with specifically small resolutions and rendered on GDI. I have played with a few friends in custom maps like these and they worked for a day, it did not crash. However next day, no settings changed, the game crashes exactly the same way again even though no settings have changed (origins auto update/repair has been disabled from cloud)
The error it gives inside the EXCEPT_CNCNET.txt is always the same with the error occuring at the same memory address.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b5IR8J1LsEJaCZxQj5M6F6j7D9yjC6fF/view?usp=sharing

Playing on normal maps (not custom) works fine.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

No, not a saved game. I was trying to play a custom map in CnC online with Yuri's revenge with friends. A few minutes after the game starts, it internal errors. The time period is always the same and will be reached faster if set to 60fps.

Does it happen in both red alert 2 mode and in regular mode? Can  you try deleting the version file from your game directory and restarting cncnet to get an forced update?

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure what you mean by red alert 2 and regular mode, but this is from CnC yuri's revenge online in a custom game. I have reinstalled my red alert 2/YR from origin fresh installed + reinstalled cnc net multiple times no luck :( Can you clarify what you mean by version file?

Edited by Jordan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By wickershamg
      My cousins and I always played RA2 online. However, two of them have been banned despite never saying anything in the global chat, and despite filing appeals, have yet to have their bans lifted. We tried using Hamachi and playing a LAN, but couldn't see each other or our games in the LAN lobby.
      Are there any solutions? This has been a very frustrating experience. 
    • By dev0
      Hi,
      I don't receive the mail verification code, as mentioned here:
      https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/10176-dont-receive-mail-verification-code/
      You should fix or disable this, as no new players can join the quick match in yuris revenge!!

• By Carville97
      I wanted to create a new unit, and I did. I used a custom voxel and put the unit in the game. I didn't like the artwork I had done, so I edited it, and tried to put the new version in the game. Strangely, the old artwork would not go away, and I can't figure out how to make the game recognize the new artwork. I deleted every file with the old artwork, and the new artwork even appears in the Final Alert 2 editor, but the game still displays the old artwork that I want to get rid of. I'm confused, since I'm assuming the game needs the expandxx.mix file that I created to have the artwork, and there is no file with the old artwork on it. How can I make the game register the new artwork?
    • By Rayko
      My apologies if I am asking in the wrong forum.
      So, since the last update of CNCnet for Yuri's revenge, the .exe files keep getting self deleted. 
      is there a way to fix this? anybody else is experiencing this issue?
    • By Jaycee
      Hello,

I am returning player for Red Alert 2, one of my favorite game from early 2000. I am ready to feel and experience the outstanding story this game has to offer, once again. The problem was am no longer use to playing less than 30fps. I was able to make the game run at 60fps and fast game speed through this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSX97YlzGRY&t=416s but it only run on "SKIRMISH" mode. not on campaign.

When I play the campaign the game is really slow and I'm only getting 49-55fps. Could someone please help me? I would really like to play this game again and I feel very nostalgic about it.

System:
      Window 10 64 bit
      i9 9900k
      EVGA GTX 1080 TI

Thank you!