CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sk0rp

RA Quickmatch client fps drops

I was just wondering but is this an issue that is on the team's radar?

If you take my name Bane_ for example on this month's RA ladder, there is a total mix of average fps for my games (as low as 43 fps even...). By way of comparison, if I'm playing normally on CnCNet I can quite happily be in 8 player games with it running at full speed without any issues at all. Multiple other people suffer from the same issue if you go checking through the names so I'm not sure what's up really.

It isn't lag but when a game decides it's going to average more around say 40-50 fps, you experience it as a periodic hitching all the way through the match (right from the word go so it doesn't worsen as more and more units and structures are built) and it leads to a pretty unpleasant game as it messes around with your build timings and Q and so on in what should be a fast-paced game.

Is there any obvious culprit that could be causing dropped frames like that? Restarts don't seem to help, neither does running the quickmatch client directly with CnCNet closed and as few other programs open as possible.

i know a guy 2 who has this problem ,custom no lag and qm = lag/slow

Beter post this in the right section.Help centre i think

I figured this was the right place as it isn't my own personal computer issue. The low fps games are pretty widespread.

I have no idea what it could be, try to change the peer-to-peer setting and play a few games and then report back if anything changed.

image.png

Hey Funky,

Ive got the same problem, just as more players. I had a couple days ago some matches vs Croboys and Blitz, and it whas laggy all the way, from start to finish. My avarage fps is 60, and ive got the p2p option on. 

Yesterday ive played 8 matches or so, and all the same thing, lagy from start, butt when /afps in lobby , 60.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sadukar09
      Took a while, but I finally finished a full conversion mod for the original Red Alert. 
      Able Archer is to portray how Red Alert would have played out in the 1980s. I tried to make it as realistic as possible with the limited engine.
      Original campaign works, as do most of the extra missions. Ant missions are strange, as ant units are used for regular buildable units.

C&C Red Alert Able Archer is confirmed to work with C&C The First Decade with TFD 1.03 rev4. 
      Red Alert's version should be 3.03. It may work with other versions of the game, but may encounter bugs.
      -Simply unzip the archive into your Red Alert folder. Make sure to backup existing EXPAND2.mix, hires1.mix, rules.ini, and aftrmath.ini.

PATCH 1.1 has been released, please scroll down.

Known bugs:
      Game crashes when loading more than one game. Simply restart the game and you can load another save.
      Transport Helicopters will attempt to leave the map when Spetsnaz board them. This is hard coded.
      Graphics Credits: AchromicWhite, ROB, Tschokky, Westwood Studios.
      If I forgot to credit you, please let me know so I can add you here.

Screenshots

@AchromicWhite @Ferret

Red Alert - Able Archer.rar
      Red Alert - Able Archer Patch 1.1.rar

• By Bart
      robskate refusing to wash a game I asked him to. notice no action was taken. the subject was changed (deflection) then he signed off. (ran away) funky here ya go bud. heres your fair ladder admin on full display. if it were his game the issue would be resolved immediately.
      (28) [06:00 PM] <bart_> i gotta ladder game you need to wash and delete
      (28) [06:00 PM] <bart_> you are good at that right?
      (28) [06:00 PM] <robskate___> link me and ill check it out
      (28) [06:01 PM] <bart_> https://ladder.cncnet.org/ladder/3-2020/ra/games/129492
      (28) [06:01 PM] <bart_> thanks in advance
      (28) [07:02 PM] <bart_> thanks for taking care of that for me
      (28) [07:02 PM] * robskate___ is away (In game with: cousinb09_ UFF[Gtr] [Sant1-TA] [TB]-KiCkN `B[e]a5ty NastyDoLChE [TB]-H3zB_) [P4 *Mini* Tourney Edition.]
      (28) [07:02 PM] <bart_> i appreciate it
      (28) [07:02 PM] * robskate___ is away (In game with: cousinb09_ UFF[Gtr] [Sant1-TA] [TB]-KiCkN `B[e]a5ty NastyDoLChE [TB]-H3zB_) [P4 *Mini* Tourney Edition.]
      (28) [07:02 PM] <bart_> god knows if it was your game it would of been resolved within 30 seconds
      (28) [07:05 PM] <robskate___> yah just need to bring it up to me
      (28) [07:05 PM] <robskate___> we dont want points for games when other person is clearly winning then a DC
      (28) [07:05 PM] <robskate___> or games with 0 time
      (28) [07:06 PM] <robskate___> but u guys both want win for long game 4c remember you and yuz
      (28) [07:06 PM] <robskate___> both want wash or win or whatever
      (28) [07:06 PM] <robskate___> thats too close to call based on the game stars
      (28) [07:06 PM] <robskate___> stats
      (28) [07:06 PM] <bart_> i didnt mention anything about that
      (28) [07:06 PM] <bart_> so no point to bring it up
      (28) [07:06 PM] <robskate___> seems like something that was affecting your mind for like a week remember?
      (28) [07:06 PM] <robskate___> so np bring it up to me
      (28) [07:06 PM] <robskate___> if i can do soemthing i will
      (28) [07:06 PM] <bart_> no i dont actually
      (28) [07:06 PM] <robskate___> hehe you and yuz both
      (28) [07:07 PM] <robskate___> bringing it up for 1 week
      (28) [07:07 PM] <robskate___> dont catch amnesia now
      (28) [07:07 PM] <bart_> irrelevant subject
      (28) [07:07 PM] <robskate___> its precisely what were talking about right this moment
      (28) [07:07 PM] <robskate___> washing ladder
      (28) [07:07 PM] <bart_> take care of the game i sent you a link to
      (28) [07:08 PM] <bart_> do your job
      (28) [07:08 PM] * Error: robskate___ is not online!
    • By jj235
      Hi, 
      Trying to join multiplayer game of Red Alert. Lobby window opens, but I am stuck with connecting.
       * Connecting... (takes up to 1minute)
      No matter how long I wait, nothing happens. And I get no hint why connection is not successful. I have gone though windows firewall settings, and even disabled firewall completely. Still no luck. App can download game files normally, and I can also play skirmish with no issues.
      How to get connected to lobby? Or where to look next?
      Platform: Win 10 running on vmware fusion on top of OSX.
    • By Prodessor
      Hi I am a progamming hobbyist and a Command and Conquer enthusiast.

I was wondering how I might go about joining the team of keeping this game and community vibrant.
      I would be most interested in working on things related to Red Alert and also the Game client
    • By Andree
      Is possible Red Alert - Command & Conquer for Mac?