Auto-download maps

bbglas007

Is there a way to re-enable auto download maps? I'm surprised there's no option to toggle this. I must confess that I'm a digital hoarder and without this function i'm at a loss. How can I ever show off my million survivals maps or my giant rekool extra fast maps to the world without being able to hoard them in the first place?

Alternatively, does anyone have a copy of the old cncnet? I'd love to roll back if there's no other solution

Unfortunately there is no way to roll back an update with CnCNet, all players must have the same major client version otherwise they would experience errors. 

RE automatically downloading maps  - from what I've been told there are currently no plans to make this an option. 

The only thing I would suggest, is to post this in a new issue below, and if other people wanted to support the idea maybe there would be an incentive to change it.

https://github.com/CnCNet/xna-cncnet-client/issues

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 7:33 AM, Grant said:

Unfortunately there is no way to roll back an update with CnCNet, all players must have the same major client version otherwise they would experience errors. 

RE automatically downloading maps  - from what I've been told there are currently no plans to make this an option. 

The only thing I would suggest, is to post this in a new issue below, and if other people wanted to support the idea maybe there would be an incentive to change it.

Thanks very much for your reply, I see you are a developer. Thanks for your hard work and energy in maintaining and improving the system and your decision to stand by the community in such a way. I will heed your advice and post this where you suggested. Of course i'm not suggesting that 1 way is better than the other, just merely seeking options

On 3/21/2020 at 8:33 PM, Grant said:

I thought each client is unique for that game, so you can change features on a game to game basis per community preference?

On 3/21/2020 at 8:33 PM, Grant said:

I know this is your preferred method of organising information but not all players are going to register on github to voice their support for this feature. Maybe a forum or Discord poll would be a more effective method.

I too find this manual download thing confusing and obnoxious in terms of user experience, you can't even see the map preview or any information about the map to help you make an informed decision wether to download or not. As it stands it just adds an unnecessary step to playing custom maps and further incentivies adding popular unofficial maps to the client side map pool.