ra2 on windows ten?

Ra2yrlover

Question

hi all

Im trying to run red alert 2 on windows ten have tried compatibility mode as it was previously used on windows xp service pack 1 - have used it on wndows ten last year it was fine but updated the laptop via windows update and since then nothing seems to work - just now it came up WARNING MILITARY SOFTWARE DETECTED TOP SECRTET CLEARANCE REQUIRED i was liked yeaaaa its working but i was disappointed as the window that followed said it needs to be installed on the hard drive ive even been on here to attempt to download via cncnet - damn frustrating - it worked on my old windows 7 laptop but that keeps over heating so that's going soon but the brief play i got was awesome sorry people ive not played this game since 2001 !!!

any advice guidance or help appreciated. - please no horrible comments such as the one i got from some turd in USA that said i need to shoot myself for even asking about this game as it "a heap of crap and should never have been developed..."

8 answers to this question

Hey -  I agree (I love RA2 & YR - my favourite games).

To confirm - do you have the game installed on your Windows 10 computer already? If you don't already have Yuri's Revenge installed - install that in addition to RA2 and then run the CnCNet installer. 

CnCNet client will require Yuri's Revenge to be installed too!

i replied to this message earlier but it must not have gone through for some reason.

I do not have the game installed as i cannot install it = it will not run not even as administrator setting, i`ve tried all of the application services in the ra2 folders and nothing is working so i am unsure of where to try next ?

ok how was it working on there before then?

i've tried compatibility options in all 19 of the application services on the disk and i've tried resetting all options and settings to default and nothing works - it doesn't get past the sold out cd rom options screen 

this is so bloody frustrating cos i really want to play this game and now looks like i cannot as the windows 7 laptop has sound issues and th sound drivers anre not working and neither is the internet

arghhhhh

yeh ok ill do that i spoke to my brother (also a major ra2 fan) and he recalls installing it for me by bypassing the compatability issue so im going to look online and find a solution - have just reset the windows 10 and the windows 7 laptops so hopefully something positive to come out of this nightmare - really appreciate all the advice ive been given - its a damn shame this corona virus is here or id have one of u guys over to show me what im doing wrong and help me fix it

Failing to get it setup with your bro, he's what I would do personally.

I recommend CD keys because you can often find the games a fraction of the price as opposed to going direct - it's a legitimate and legal company so no worry there. This step will save you forking out £24 too.

Buy a digital copy of the ultimate collection via CD Keys (Currently £6) - https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/command-and-conquer-the-ultimate-edition-pc

• Once received (you'll receive the code from them via email), redeem the code in the EA Origin store
  • You'll then permantently have access to the ultimate collection via Origin. Download RA2 & Yuri's Revenge
  • Install CnCNet and you'll be up and running

thanks pal ive already gpt three copies of ra2 and have a good idea where yuris revenge has gone- thinks its in the loft or under my bed in the under bed boxes failing that im gonna nick my brothers copy lol 

Whoever posted a copy of the ra1 thanks majorly its a great reminder of the first designs