Converting .yrm map files to .map

BakaSan

Question

I have some custom YR maps I built in Final Alert that id like to play in skirmish or even privately with friends but CnCnet doesn't seem to even recognize that they are there. I have them in the Custom maps folder and I've tried just renaming them as .map but this isn't working. Is there something specific I need to do to build and mod maps for CnCnet?

3 answers to this question

Have you double checked the game mode you've made your map for is in the client? I can't remember without looking if theres protected game modes or not. Try setting your game mode for your map under what other custom maps use in the client.

Also you may (IIRC) need to restart the client to see maps appear in the client.   

8 hours ago, Grant said:

Have you double checked the game mode you've made your map for is in the client? I can't remember without looking if theres protected game modes or not. Try setting your game mode for your map under what other custom maps use in the client.

Also you may (IIRC) need to restart the client to see maps appear in the client.   

I recommend using Final Alert 2 SP (Extended) for mapping.

To install download Final Alert 2 from here : How to make RA2 & YR maps - Final Alert 2 Tutorial
Then download the SP addon from Release [RELEASE] Build20210211 (1.4.0.1) · secsome/FA2sp (github.com)
and extract the FA2SP.dll into the installation directory of FA2.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:29 PM, [CC] RaVaGe said:

I recommend using Final Alert 2 SP (Extended) for mapping.

To install download Final Alert 2 from here : How to make RA2 & YR maps - Final Alert 2 Tutorial
Then download the SP addon from Release [RELEASE] Build20210211 (1.4.0.1) · secsome/FA2sp (github.com)
and extract the FA2SP.dll into the installation directory of FA2.

Totally Agree bruh

Edited by Beta Girl
I agree with him