Sole Survivor Finally Gets Some Hi-Res Attention!

CCHyper

So after 3 weeks of research, testing, and long nights, we have...

Sole Survivor in Hi-Res!

Now, I know there is still no 'active' Sole Survivor server running, but while researching, I and a few other members of the community have found that the game itself can in fact be a server. It seems this was a mode were one computer on a LAN network would act as a server, and the other computers on the network would connect to this computer via IP and fetch the game settings, making one big LAN based game.

If we can get this feature up and running again is something to be yet discovered, but fingers crossed!

Other new goodies involve a new and updated menu graphic!

sole_survivor-2014-07-17-17_13_38.png.35026d31cd39f74e5d0aefbe31849275.png

sole_survivor-2014-07-17-17_15_51.png.b004d034cc6c640089b73fe56e0a3586.png

Do you awesome guys remember this?

C&C SOLE SURVIVOR TRAILER V1.3 2008

C&C SOLE SURVIVOR TRAILER V1.3 2008 by N3tRunn3r

[Outdated!]

Resurrection Information Trailer with original Pictures, Text and the original C&C Music by Frank Klepacki. Enjoy his music through this Video.

www.frankklepacki.com

* About the Resurrecton Project, skip to 06:25

* Outro begins at 10:00, enjoy ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

needs to be online and uploaded.

I have an image file uploaded to Mediafire, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link of it here (even though EA doesn't even realize this game exists, otherwise it would've been included in the "ultimate" release :D). I guess you can PM me for it if you want.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

With I think the latest public release patch somewhere here,Sole Survivor still crashes after a short time in Win 7 for me.  I still can only play it on my old Win 98 comp (which at least has a sweet SB Live Platinum soundcard).

Back when I got the game, only standard Capture the Flag mode games were going on and then the servers went down sometime later.  I can't believe that was 98 they went down.  I only first got a computer in 95 and a dial-up net connection in 97.  I didn't have that Win 98 comp until 99 or 2000.  I'll have to see if Sole Survivor is on my original old Win 95 comp (which still works!...  though with replacement soundcard(SB AWE32), modem, monitor, and additional harddrive&netcard).

• 1 year later...

With I think the latest public release patch somewhere here,Sole Survivor still crashes after a short time in Win 7 for me.  I still can only play it on my old Win 98 comp (which at least has a sweet SB Live Platinum soundcard).

Old post, but since this thread was ressureced: SoSe froze and crash (and had funky colours) for me in fullscreen mode works fine under Windows 7 if forced into windowed mode via C&C Draw.